08 Shunter

DGE-Railroad

The Orchard Line
26 Jan 2020
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
The BR blue body awaits the arrows of indecision from Fox Transfers.
Although I'm fairly pleased with the colour, the hippy eco-PLA material doesn't seem to tolerate temperature fluctutations, which I'm assuming is what the terrible looking top part was affected by. That's a candidate for a reprint..
20210222_172407.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

John Randall

Registered
23 Sep 2018
Suffolk
Best answers
Country flag
Although I'm fairly pleased with the colour, the hippy eco-PLA material doesn't seem to tolerate temperature fluctutations, which I'm assuming is what the terrible looking top part was affected by. That's a candidate for a reprint..
View attachment 281137
View attachment 281137
The cab appears to be on the wrong end !

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
View attachment 281137
The dibit on top near the cab should be behind the Radiator. I think the top bit has just been put on the wrong way round, simple error to make if not looking at an appropriate picture.
94F62074-61F9-41B3-BFF0-E042C6D1398D.jpeg

The cab appears to be on the wrong end !

DGE-Railroad

The Orchard Line
26 Jan 2020
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Well observed! Thanks for the corrections :)

There's a perfectly reasonable explanation why the cab appears to be on the wrong end...
It's because im an idiot :D I stood the side uo to see how it looked and took a photo without realising I'd reversed it. Duly corrected for the transfers (thankfully the fixing holes are arranged in such a way that dunderheads like me cant actually assemble it wrong!)

DGE-Railroad

The Orchard Line
26 Jan 2020
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Siblings! I'm just waiting on some screws to attach the yellow rods. Tonights task is to wire on the sound and RC for a quick test tomorrow
20210225_130702.jpg

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Siblings! I'm just waiting on some screws to attach the yellow rods. Tonights task is to wire on the sound and RC for a quick test tomorrow
View attachment 281331
I think the most prestigious duty ever afforded this class of loco was to be the off-stage pusher when the steam loco arrived on stage in the live theatre version of the Railway Children at Waterloo Station. The Stirling Single had smoke effect fake steam coming out of the front end, but in the background, you could hear the unmistakable burble of the diesel shunter.

When I questioned this with one of the staff during the interval, he said that he had been approached with numerous questions and theories about the 'arrival' of the steam engine, but that it was indeed (probably an 09) pushing it from afar - I think two bogie GUVs at least separated the loco and its teak carriage, of which you only saw the front small section.

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I have seen a 3D printer with two print-heads...

Does this mean you could print the 'wasp-stripes directly? :)

PhilP

• Haha

DGE-Railroad

The Orchard Line
26 Jan 2020
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
20210302_113339.jpg20210302_113317.jpg20210302_113402.jpg

Now waiting on a replacement battery - i foolishly left the last one switched on after being called away and it now resembles a zeppelin so has been disposed of :)

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Oh dear, one of the yellow con-rods is upside down now :wasntme::wasntme::wasntme:

• Wow

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Wow!

How long did it take to print the water tower in the background? :p;)
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Haha

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag

DGE-Railroad

The Orchard Line
26 Jan 2020
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Now you have done will you be doing 2 more for the Tinsley master and slave?
I think I'll be scaling back my G scale interests for a bit to be honest, or at least shelving it for a while, while I concentrate on something bigger... :)
Perhaps later on in the year!