Yet another ugly duckling...

Mik

Steam tractors, good books, scratchbuilding models
17 Dec 2009
The wilds of Western Pennsylvania
www.the-ashpit.com
Best answers
My toggle switches arrived, so today was stuff everything in the tender day!
P2170001.jpg

railings and braces done... grate rocker lever and a bit of thin styrene over the coupler are next
P2170004.jpg

Still haven't quite decided how to stripe the tender - leaning towards two simple yellow wrap around stripes, but want to find some early 1880s B&O pix first
P2170002.jpg

believe it or not, that took me most of the afternoon and evening

Mik

17 Dec 2009
www.the-ashpit.com
Best answers
Photobucket is squawking because I'm close to my bandwidth limit for the month. So if the older photos go away for a few days, you all will know why.

Meanwhile, I decided to start a page for this thing on the Ashpit site. see: http://www.the-ashpit.com/mik/camel...p://www.the-ashpit.com/mik/P2240007.JPG[/IMG]

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Looking good good Mik (as does your other project behind!). Plenty of inspiration from your projects - just not enough hours in the day:clap:

Mik

17 Dec 2009
www.the-ashpit.com
Best answers
Wish it was runnin as good as it looks..... There's a tooth missing on the idler gear between the 1st and 2nd axle... she runs great in reverse, but binds after a few feet going forward.

I guess I need to contact Lionel and see if they still have spares. -- If not I'll have to rob James since he rarely gets run.

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
That's a shame. I've a couple of Bug Maulers (like your name for 'em:rofl: with same problem. Thinking (that's as far as I've got) about converting to toothed belt drive.

robsmorgan

Registered
5 Feb 2010
Ceredigion, Mid Wales, UK
Best answers
Hey Mik, sorry I didn't add my congratulations sooner... for some reason I wasn't auto flagged up by your latest update.... We'll have to get together and carry out some trials next time you are over here or I'm over there :happy: :wave:

I am messing about with a couple of sound record/replay modules (from China/ebay @ 99p = $1.25? each) and triggering them from my G Scale Graphic's Railboss controller... one for the bell the other for the whistle - but I am nervous about putting anything on YouTube until you've confirmed thecorrect type of whistle sound for a Camel[strike]back[/strike] :banghead:

Hope you get that forward movement sorted soon!

Best wishes
Rob

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
Best answers
Country flag
Mik, very interesting kit bash, I also have used the Lionel 0-6-0 for such a purpose but I put mine on a LGB 2010 drive as the Lionel on was toast, and added part of the tank from a REA Rogers and making it a little saddle tank engine. Also have another Lionel 0-6-0 victim that I'm in the process of gathering parts to make a mason bogie. Found out that in the old days there was a lot of collusion between manufactures as Kalamazoo designed the Lionel 0-6-0 gold rush engine for Lionel and the guy that designed it designed the mason bogie for Delton. No wonder the cab looks so much like a mason bogie. Now on the hunt for a 6 wheel truck for the rear and finding it hard to find shorter ones. Did find some great looking brass domes from Hartland Locomotive Works though. I will wind up using a LGB Spreewalt motor block assy. Very good looking camel back and really like the old time reference pictures, keep up the good work, remember if your not bashing, you're just running a train like everyone else has, Bill

Attachments

• Rosy RS profile.JPG
    Rosy RS profile.JPG
    561.7 KB · Views: 0
  • domes, steam and sand.JPG
    domes, steam and sand.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 0