Wussian Wesin Wivets.....

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
....as Mr. Woss would say!

Following a link from Trev in another posting, I ordered several packets from here:
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Masterclub...10514017&_sid=521633887&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322 < Link To http://stores.ebay.co.uk/...;_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

They duly arrived in a couple of days, and I must say they are VERY nice - I was going to take a photo, but they are so tiny that I don't think it would show very much - suffice to say that for each lot you get a little grip-top baggie with what looks like about the specified number of vewwy (sorry, very) tiny teeny resin-cast rivets, bolts or whatever. The thing that makes these even nicer than some other makes I've seen is that these are all separate pieces, they are not on a sprue so you don't need to snip them off and then have to clean them up - just drill a hole to take the shank (the drill size required is specified on each packet), pick up a rivet in some tweezers and drop it in with a spot of superglue.

The largest size available is 1.8mm head diameter, which should look just about right on G scale locos - I suppose some slightly larger ones would be nice for certain applications, but I think these will do OK for things like cabs and water tanks. Once I get round to one of the projects that I have bought them for, I'll try to show them in use! ;)

Jon.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Weally wiviting wead mate....

tramcar trev

all manner of mechanical apparatus...
22 Jan 2011
Canberra, Australia
trevs-tramway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Ahhhhh so these are not of metallic manufacture, hence the low price.... The "real" ones are far more expensive....
Cunning buggiers those Ruskies....

Woderwick

Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
24 Oct 2009
Ia Drang Valley
www.gtrains.co.uk
Best answers
Also available are bolt heads, very useful. Sorry I cant remember the manufacturer.

pumps.jpg

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
The same Russian manufacturer mine were made by (MasterClub) do hex bolt heads with washers, hex nuts on threads and even slotted nuts (ouch....) ;)
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Masterclub-UK Jon.

steve parberry

G Scale Trains
25 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
Have you counted how many are in the bag:clap::clap:

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
steve parberry said:
Have you counted how many are in the bag:clap::clap:

Not till now - BECAUSE I'M NOT A RIVET COUNTER! :rofl::rofl::rofl:;)
But seeing as you asked, I just tipped one packet out (of 1.8mm domed rivets) and counted them, packet says 100 but I got 110! :clap:
Actually 111, there was a rogue extra one of a much smaller size in there.... ;)
I guess they put in some spares to make sure you get at least the 100, no-one is going to complain over free extras but I could imagine some of a certain type of people griping if they only got 99!
Seeing that these are all ready removed from the sprue for you (which feeds from the shank end, so the heads require no cleanup at all), counting 100+ of these TINY lil' beggars into a little griptop baggie must be a thankless task - possibly done by Russian peasants who are replaced every three weeks due to eyestrain.... ;)

Jon.

A good buy, I think - as I said earlier, some slightly larger ones would be nice additions to the range - but after all these are designed for 1/35 scale vehicles and smaller.

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Zerogee said:
Seeing that these are all ready removed from the sprue for you (which feeds from the shank end, so the heads require no cleanup at all), counting 100+ of these TINY lil' beggars into a little griptop baggie must be a thankless task - possibly done by Russian peasants who are replaced every three weeks due to eyestrain.... ;)
Or alternatively, they weigh em out. :clap:

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
yb281 said:
Zerogee said:
Or alternatively, they weigh em out. :clap:
Can I weigh your wivets young lady?

Weigh-hey....

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
beavercreek said:
Fwicasseeing wabbit!

Be wewy wewy quwiet, I'm huntin' wabbits.

I think I'll be gitting meself some of them darn tangs too.

Max

steve parberry

G Scale Trains
25 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
daveyb said:
HMMMMMMMM LIKE EM,,,,, MAY GET SOME MYSELF,,

What Wabbits:rofl::rofl::rofl:

tramcar trev

all manner of mechanical apparatus...
22 Jan 2011
Canberra, Australia
trevs-tramway.blogspot.com
Best answers
OMG I'm beginning to wish I had never found them:D:D:D:D:D

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Well, its wivetting weeding all this [strike]wot[/strike] stuff:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
A lesson for all of us Railnuts who find that we can be so easily parted from our funds....

[font="verdana,arial,helvetica"]Sywvester......the handwing of money is a gweat wesponsibiwity.[/font]

[font="verdana,arial,helvetica"]
582a2859727c441bb77aae97acba9592.jpg

[/font]

steve parberry

G Scale Trains
25 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
beavercreek said:
A lesson for all of us Railnuts who find that we can be so easily parted from our funds....

[font="verdana,arial,helvetica"]Sywvester......the handwing of money is a gweat wesponsibiwity.[/font]

[font="verdana,arial,helvetica"]
images

[/font]

Swuffering Puddycats.....

djacobsen

fishing, collecting pretty rocks then cutting & po
24 Oct 2009
Behind the Pine Curtain of East Texas.
Best answers
3Valve said:
Fwee Hundwed and Fiwty Fwee
Id dat fwee, as in I set my chickens fwee