Wiring plan for control panel.

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Jon.
Just checked on th ML site. P&P to GBP is €9.99.
Regards,
Trevor

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Best answers
Country flag
Nothing you have proposed will be upset by the change to DCC when or if you do it. You can even keep the Analogue Operation of Points should you wish to. Just keep the Circuit for Points separated with the Transformer as you now have and the DC part fed from any DCC System you use. Just remember to leave all of the Isolating Sections on when using DCC.

A quick note to Gizzy.
I was rereading my past posts and realised that you had already answered, (above) a question that I later posted in the DCC thread. Apologies for this oversight, but I'm learning a lot for which many thanks.
Trevor

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
Best answers
Country flag
Any chance of a photo of the undersides of both Stainzes, Trevor?

Jon.

EDIT: Oops, sorry, posted that before I looked at your latest post with the pics!

OK, looking at the pictures..... I'd say that the gold sticker on the left one MIGHT be of questionable provenance - it does indeed suggest 1988, but both Stainzes are quite early models with the "clamshell" gearboxes - '88 seems very late for one to be built with that type of gearbox, but others here might know otherwise?
As clamshell-gearbox models, they are DCC-chippable but need a little more conversion work and hard-wiring than later versions would. It's still not a difficult job, though getting them back together again afterwards can be fiddly. You'll need a basic wired decoder for each, with around a 1.5-2.0amp power capacity - a Massoth L would do nicely, though if you're looking at the new MD/Modell-Land decoders that we've been discussing then their "S" type here:
would do just fine at a considerable cost saving.

Do note, to avoid confusion, that the MD/ML decoders seem to use a different terminology to Massoth - a Massoth "S" is a sound-only decoder to add-on to a driving decoder, but MD/ML uses "S" to describe their small driving decoder; the only one that correlates exactly is the "L".

Jon.
clamshells were good till the 90ths and maybe a little longer

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Nothing you have proposed will be upset by the change to DCC when or if you do it. You can even keep the Analogue Operation of Points should you wish to. Just keep the Circuit for Points separated with the Transformer as you now have and the DC part fed from any DCC System you use. Just remember to leave all of the Isolating Sections on when using DCC.

A quick note to Gizzy.
I was rereading my past posts and realised that you had already answered, (above) a question that I later posted in the DCC thread. Apologies for this oversight, but I'm learning a lot for which many thanks.
Trevor
No worries mate!

I can see you've been swamped with info, but you seem to have muddled through and found your own way....