WANTED USED LGB Sumpter Mallet 22892 or 20892

beavercreek

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
East Anglia
www.facebook.com
Now put in correct section:

WANTED USED LGB Sumpter Mallet 22892 (the one with tender)
101328_0c93e4b0534a53a97a34b78c039f48a7.jpg

Last edited:
funandtrains

funandtrains

Registered
20 Sep 2011
Croydon, Surrey
If you are still looking Tennants have a Uintah with sound and DCC for £650 but the website does not say which version it is.

beavercreek

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
East Anglia
www.facebook.com
Cheers Steve
Contacted Tennants and spoke to them about the loco
It is about 5 years old but has never been used.
They do not seem to know a great deal about LGB or G gauge but did confirm that it is sound and DCC.
So we did a deal and I wait with bated breath!

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Cheers Steve
Contacted Tennants and spoke to them about the loco
It is about 5 years old but has never been used.
They do not seem to know a great deal about LGB or G gauge but did confirm that it is sound and DCC.
So we did a deal and I wait with bated breath!
Tenants have been around a good long while, but I never knew them as large scale :shake::shake::shake: probably why the loco hasn't sold quickly :think::think:

funandtrains

funandtrains

Registered
20 Sep 2011
Croydon, Surrey
Yes it seem well under priced as most dealers seem to be asking around £900.
Glad to help!

idlemarvel

idlemarvel

Registered
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Looks like you might have a bargain there. And free delivery. I have never head of Tennents before.

Neil Robinson

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Tenants have been around a good long while, but I never knew them as large scale :shake::shake::shake: probably why the loco hasn't sold quickly :think::think:
They sometimes sell Lionel and MTH gauge 1

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Now why did you have to mention that? ;):rolleyes:
(Got to look-up MTH gaugae 1 now) :nod:
1:32 attractive stuff - have their own electronic systems though

Neil Robinson

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Not if I rip it out, they don't! :devil::devil::devil:
My understanding is that MTH intended their system to be compatible with Lionel products.
I believe their latest version is also DCC compatible so it may be easiest to swap an MTH DCS PS2 chip for a PS3

dunnyrail

MOTM

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Have used Tennants in the past. Always go straight to their Advert when I open the Railway Modeller cos they always have some different stuff in second hand. Bought an LGB Austrian 2091 when I visited many moons ago and had to lug it back to Hemel Hempstead. Not sure why I bought it as it was not really my thing and has been sold on via Glendale Junction without a loss of money! Was a very good price which is why I guess I bought it.

funandtrains

funandtrains

Registered
20 Sep 2011
Croydon, Surrey
Still looking for a Sumpter mallet..........
Mike, the version you want is a lot rarer than then Uintah and although there are a few about, to find one in your budget may take quite a time.

ARIA31

ARIA31

Registered
3 Oct 2017
Toulouse - France
When you get your Uintah, it will be very nice to see some pictures of this engine on your railroad ( I visited you facebook page yesterday, so beautiful ... )

funandtrains

funandtrains

Registered
20 Sep 2011
Croydon, Surrey
Sorry I think the Chalk link maybe an old item that has not been deleted from their server.

P

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
The LGB Uintah mallet originally came out all black. I'm not sure if it also came out with DCC or not.
It was later re-released with green tanks in non DCC and DCC. I think the green one has a nicer look to it.

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Sorry I think the Chalk link maybe an old item that has not been deleted from their server.
You can add it to your basket and proceed to checkout (I haven't the money to dare to go further!) and the dates are right for the Shoeburyness Festival.

funandtrains

funandtrains

Registered
20 Sep 2011
Croydon, Surrey
The LGB Uintah mallet originally came out all black. I'm not sure if it also came out with DCC or not.
It was later re-released with green tanks in non DCC and DCC. I think the green one has a nicer look to it.
It was grey not black.

Funny I had a new green version but didn't like the look of it and sold it so just have the original grey one!