UK Railway Sounds

Simon Potter

Srpott40
14 Jun 2016
Dorset
Best answers
Good Evening

I've just noticed that massoth now allow you to add your own sounds to there chips (http://www.massoth.com/index.en.html). Does anybody know of a library of sounds which would make use of this new customizability.

I was thinking of using sounds from a BR Standard Class 4 2-6-4T for my LGB model 22801, I know this is not the exact same loco but I can go to my local railway to here a BR standard class, and so hearing the sounds in my garden makes my railway become even more realistic.

I was also thinking of maybe adding a few UK railway announcements to the loco's as well, does anybody know if these are freely available anywhere? (ones such as the following train is not scheduled to stop etc)

Thanks in advance for your help

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Surely for realism on a British profile layout, you'd want announcements like "The 8:45 has been delayed/cancelled/lost....."? ;)

Jon.

Reactions: 2 users

Simon Potter

Srpott40
14 Jun 2016
Dorset
Best answers
Surely for realism on a British profile layout, you'd want announcements like "The 8:45 has been delayed/cancelled/lost....."? ;)

Jon.
My trains are never later and always run to there not existent timetable :rofl:

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
If you put your hands over your nose as if they were a mask with the fingers extended and together with the first finger on each hand pressing your nostrils closed ana then speak, you will get a pretty good copy of a British rail announcement in the days of steam or a Network rail announcement (or whichever company is responsible for them) today.

Reactions: 1 users

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I thought you had to put a Ping-Pong ball in your mouth before making announcements? :confused:

Although this is a 'feature' of the latest software... I do not know of anyone brave (foolish?) enough to have tried it yet! :tmi:

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
"Passengers expecting to board the 7:15 from platform 2 will have to run very fast because it is now leaving Platform 7....."

Sorry, none of this is really helping with your original question, is it? ;)

Jon.

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
My favourite station announcement has always been "The train now arriving at platforms 2, 3, 4 and 5 is coming in sideways......

David

Reactions: 1 users
D

Deleted member 4232

Moved

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
My favourite station announcement has always been "The train now arriving at platforms 2, 3, 4 and 5 is coming in sideways......

David

I think this one is hard to beat. "We regret the delay to the Yorkshire Pullman. It was due to bad management."

Reactions: 1 user

penylanpip

Registered
1 Apr 2010
Barry, UK
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
"We regret the delay to the Yorkshire Pullman. It was due to bad management."

Ah, the words of the great Mr Fiennes, I believe?

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Bit late now, but one of the stall holders at the Brambleton Show yesterday had a box full of records (45's & 33's ) of steam engines. They would have been useful!