The Cockatoo Creek Tramway

CCTMitch

Registered
8 Oct 2019
Melbourne
Best answers
Country flag
Heya Folks , I’m Mitch and I have built a Small 16mm Scale Live steam Garden Railway/Tramway over the last 1:1/2 years. The History of the Tramway is that it was slowly built in WW1 by the A&K Timber Merchants as a 2” gauge line with there Krauss Loco which was Brought from a local Quarry in the Dandenong ranges to do the construction work.
The line was built as a small circuit in the space of 5m x 3m with a Basic Loop and 2 road Loco shed . As I speak the Tramway is undergoing extension with a New cutting then a loop and Cockatoo Becoming a terminus .
I currently Have 2 Locos and a few bits of Stock but I have got a Sammie coming from Argyle Loco works to Become “Robin” and I also have a Mamod and a a Bachmann Lyn Dating from the 1990s for locos and for rolling stock I have a LGB Coach Repainted into Mt Lyell Colours with a Bachmann Logging Caboose and 4 Bachmann Tipper Wagons Given to me by a friend , I also am building 10 Pairs of Log Bogies very soon and a Coal Tender for Robin.
hope you enjoy reading my post .
5905FFBA-3669-432B-8918-55F4BF8FB47A.jpeg
The main Loco Sheds of the CCT with a Friends Edrig and a Another friends Billy and Alfie.
Mitch :)

Paulus

Registered
13 Jan 2012
Best answers
Heya Folks , I’m Mitch and I have built a Small 16mm Scale Live steam Garden Railway/Tramway over the last 1:1/2 years. The History of the Tramway is that it was slowly built in WW1 by the A&K Timber Merchants as a 2” gauge line with there Krauss Loco which was Brought from a local Quarry in the Dandenong ranges to do the construction work.
The line was built as a small circuit in the space of 5m x 3m with a Basic Loop and 2 road Loco shed . As I speak the Tramway is undergoing extension with a New cutting then a loop and Cockatoo Becoming a terminus .
I currently Have 2 Locos and a few bits of Stock but I have got a Sammie coming from Argyle Loco works to Become “Robin” and I also have a Mamod and a a Bachmann Lyn Dating from the 1990s for locos and for rolling stock I have a LGB Coach Repainted into Mt Lyell Colours with a Bachmann Logging Caboose and 4 Bachmann Tipper Wagons Given to me by a friend , I also am building 10 Pairs of Log Bogies very soon and a Coal Tender for Robin.
View attachment 257842
The main Loco Sheds of the CCT with a Friends Edrig and a Another friends Billy and Alfie.

Mitch I did enjoy reading your post! I had not noticed it here on the forums until now actually. I have sometimes problems with navigating to / keeping up with new post here (I miss an overview of new posts). But I guess the others have not noticed it as well since the lack of reactions since October 11th...
It sounds like a very interesting railway and ditto rolling stock. Would love to see more of the layout and the building of the bogie and tender as I find it interesting to see how others scratch build or bash. Hope you keep on posting!

Reactions: 1 user

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
View attachment 257842
Mitch welcome to the forum, it seems I missed your post first time around.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
You seem to be off to a good start already looking at your photos.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Mitch!
Welcome! - I think we had all missed this somehow?

Nice to see somewhere dry and sunny. - We being in the grip of a cold, wet spell.
Hope you do not have any of the fires we are hearing about close to you?

PhilP.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome, I think there must have been a problem, I missed your post too

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Mitch....

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I'll add my greetings. Nice little loco terminal you've got there. Again, first I'd seen. I'm going to post a suggestion to the Admin about this.

Last edited:

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Do you think 'we' did not register it because the thread was started in the 'Mee-ja' section?

CCTMitch

Registered
8 Oct 2019
Melbourne
Best answers
Country flag
Hey folks, thanks for all the Lovely responses, My Sammie Arrived the other week so its been run in a fair bit since i picked it up,
Here is some photos of it for your Enjoyment.
MitchRobin.jpg

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard Mitch.

CCTMitch

Registered
8 Oct 2019
Melbourne
Best answers
Country flag
Been a while since i last posted, Got a few things to update here, I have been given a Bachmann climax from a dear friend of mine and runs well, Robin has had some cosmetic work done with the wheels being painted and buffers painted black and is awaiting name and work plates from narrow planet to be ordered to finish off the cosmetics on it.

Mitch