The Cockatoo Creek Tramway

CCTMitch

CCTMitch

Registered
8 Oct 2019
Melbourne
Heya Folks , I’m Mitch and I have built a Small 16mm Scale Live steam Garden Railway/Tramway over the last 1:1/2 years. The History of the Tramway is that it was slowly built in WW1 by the A&K Timber Merchants as a 2” gauge line with there Krauss Loco which was Brought from a local Quarry in the Dandenong ranges to do the construction work.
The line was built as a small circuit in the space of 5m x 3m with a Basic Loop and 2 road Loco shed . As I speak the Tramway is undergoing extension with a New cutting then a loop and Cockatoo Becoming a terminus .
I currently Have 2 Locos and a few bits of Stock but I have got a Sammie coming from Argyle Loco works to Become “Robin” and I also have a Mamod and a a Bachmann Lyn Dating from the 1990s for locos and for rolling stock I have a LGB Coach Repainted into Mt Lyell Colours with a Bachmann Logging Caboose and 4 Bachmann Tipper Wagons Given to me by a friend , I also am building 10 Pairs of Log Bogies very soon and a Coal Tender for Robin.
hope you enjoy reading my post .
134847_e109370fbc38b0f1290e1c898a68c959.jpeg

The main Loco Sheds of the CCT with a Friends Edrig and a Another friends Billy and Alfie.
Mitch :)

Paulus

Paulus

Registered
13 Jan 2012
Heya Folks , I’m Mitch and I have built a Small 16mm Scale Live steam Garden Railway/Tramway over the last 1:1/2 years. The History of the Tramway is that it was slowly built in WW1 by the A&K Timber Merchants as a 2” gauge line with there Krauss Loco which was Brought from a local Quarry in the Dandenong ranges to do the construction work.
The line was built as a small circuit in the space of 5m x 3m with a Basic Loop and 2 road Loco shed . As I speak the Tramway is undergoing extension with a New cutting then a loop and Cockatoo Becoming a terminus .
I currently Have 2 Locos and a few bits of Stock but I have got a Sammie coming from Argyle Loco works to Become “Robin” and I also have a Mamod and a a Bachmann Lyn Dating from the 1990s for locos and for rolling stock I have a LGB Coach Repainted into Mt Lyell Colours with a Bachmann Logging Caboose and 4 Bachmann Tipper Wagons Given to me by a friend , I also am building 10 Pairs of Log Bogies very soon and a Coal Tender for Robin.
View attachment 257842
The main Loco Sheds of the CCT with a Friends Edrig and a Another friends Billy and Alfie.
Mitch I did enjoy reading your post! I had not noticed it here on the forums until now actually. I have sometimes problems with navigating to / keeping up with new post here (I miss an overview of new posts). But I guess the others have not noticed it as well since the lack of reactions since October 11th...
It sounds like a very interesting railway and ditto rolling stock. Would love to see more of the layout and the building of the bogie and tender as I find it interesting to see how others scratch build or bash. Hope you keep on posting!

Reactions: CCTMitch
JimmyB

JimmyB

Phase 1 complete, roll on Phase 2
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
View attachment 257842
Mitch welcome to the forum, it seems I missed your post first time around.

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
You seem to be off to a good start already looking at your photos.

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Hello Mitch!
Welcome! - I think we had all missed this somehow?

Nice to see somewhere dry and sunny. - We being in the grip of a cold, wet spell.
Hope you do not have any of the fires we are hearing about close to you?

PhilP.

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Welcome, I think there must have been a problem, I missed your post too

Gizzy

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Welcome to the forum Mitch....

P

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
I'll add my greetings. Nice little loco terminal you've got there. Again, first I'd seen. I'm going to post a suggestion to the Admin about this.

Last edited:
PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Do you think 'we' did not register it because the thread was started in the 'Mee-ja' section?

CCTMitch

CCTMitch

Registered
8 Oct 2019
Melbourne
Hey folks, thanks for all the Lovely responses, My Sammie Arrived the other week so its been run in a fair bit since i picked it up,
Here is some photos of it for your Enjoyment.
Mitch
137784_d27af3eff450404c9264ddf214056407.jpg

Madman

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Welcome aboard Mitch.