• Thread starter Gavin Sowry
  • Start date
Gavin Sowry

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
DSC_0854.JPG

Well, a month has gone by since my previous posting. The demand for coal has dropped off, but, train service is still being maintained on the Taita Gorge Railway. I did try mocking up a skeleton frame cab, but it was going to be just too fragile, so open cab she will remain. This shot was yesterday's run.

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
View attachment 264871

Well, a month has gone by since my previous posting. The demand for coal has dropped off, but, train service is still being maintained on the Taita Gorge Railway. I did try mocking up a skeleton frame cab, but it was going to be just too fragile, so open cab she will remain. This shot was yesterday's run.
But as Madman said in another post, you've been paid to fill the loco........

Gavin Sowry

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
Today, I started wintering down the railway, tonight being the calender start to winter. After the trimming and weeding et al, was done, I tested a concept for my 7/8ths endeavours. Got the mine cars all up and running, then thoughts turned to other supplies for mining..... Pit Props, yes, mines use a lot of timber, so out with the logging disconnects. Them logs measure about 16 scale feet in 7/8ths, sawn in half, they'd be 8 foot... a reasonable size for mine use. Also played around with a Bachmann wagon underframe. It's getting smaller wheels, link and pin couplers, and will be denuded of things like brake gear and linkages. Already looking through plans for a body to mount on it. The existing body, well that was the tank wagon, it's now going to be stuffed (it is now) and mounted as a stationary water tank.

DSC_0870.JPG

Last edited: