Summerlands Chuffer

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
worn out with rebuilding my railway- wondering if it is worth it... then saw your clips and i know it certainly is! Thanks for posting...

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
And Bob - I think (hope!) you will be pleased with the result ........ Cheers Chris

I don't doubt it for a moment Chris, but hang on to your braces; I might come back looking for one to fit a Romulus! :happy:

Old Tom

Registered
10 Apr 2010
West Sussex
tomlancaster.weebly.com
Best answers
A serious amount of wheel spin when lifting that heavy rake of carriages/wagons Curlew! Great stuff!
:clap:

Jerry Barnes

Garden Railways, Live Steam, Jukeboxes, Record Col
27 Oct 2009
USA-central Nebraska
thescrr.com
Best answers
Country flag
I put one on my Aristo Live Steam Mikado, easy to install and sounds great. Great value for the price!

Curlew

Registered
2 Nov 2009
North Wales
Best answers
Thanks for posting Jerry. Nice to know the Chuffer has reached Nebraska. Could we hear the Aristocraft Mike with Chuffer some time?

Cranford

Theatre, Model railroads, GCR
29 Jan 2010
Leicester
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Chris, apologies for the delay in responding, garden rail is only a part of life.

Chris Bird

Steam,gardening, photography
14 Dec 2009
Dorset
Best answers
No worries Tony - I hope it might come in handy sometime:)

Curlew - I hope Jerry will not mind me posting a link to his Mike video (which is also on my website). There are more videos since this one, showing his great railway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzX9Z9cl3D4&feature=channel < Link To http://www.youtube.com/wa...D4&feature=channel

There was a Mike for sale on UK Ebay last time I looked - but I think you need 12ft radii.
Cheers
Chris

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
I've just ordered one for my "Countess".........as well as a couple of other useful things, like an extra 3rd/composite coach, so nice shiney boxes later this week.

Big shiney box arrived!

Shame I haven't got time today to fit and test the contents.:crying:

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
Chuffer unpacked and fitted, 2 minutes dead! Couldn't be easier.

Testing! Testing! Testing!

Well, perhaps a little later, after coffee.

:clap:

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
Well! The Chuffer chuffed, and Chuffer's chuffer (chauffeur) was chuffed, very well chuffed indeed. You could say; Chuffin' 'ell!!!

I had great fun on my long bank trying to hold Countess with three Pickerings, just above a stall, so I could count the beats. Magic sound! Chu.....ffff...........chu....ffff..........chu.....ffff........... :love::D:D

Pity I couldn't record the sound and attach it here.

Old Tom

Registered
10 Apr 2010
West Sussex
tomlancaster.weebly.com
Best answers
bobg said:
Well! The Chuffer chuffed, and Chuffer's chuffer (chauffeur) was chuffed, very well chuffed indeed. You could say; Chuffin' 'ell!!!

I had great fun on my long bank trying to hold Countess with three Pickerings, just above a stall, so I could count the beats. Magic sound! Chu.....ffff...........chu....ffff..........chu.....ffff........... :love::D:D

Pity I couldn't record the sound and attach it here.

Be brave and do what I did. Make a short (and not very good) vid and post it on YouTube. Then we can all hear it! :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbVq9cHVKIw

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
Tricky one that, I dont posess a video camera anymore, and my digital still camera does video but no sound.

Might see if I can borrow one.

New Haven Neil

trains bikes camping kayaking red wine.....more tr
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
The VoR tank is my best chuffer.....this evening's run....

85321b9181c24218ba1b5e383d35a5f0.jpg

Chris Bird

Steam,gardening, photography
14 Dec 2009
Dorset
Best answers
Bob - that is great news - and very descriptive:)

And Neil - that is a stunning photo - your VoR looks fantastic with the lining:clap:

Cheers
Chris

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
That was just an excuse for a gratuitous photo Neil- not complaining mind, ace shot.

Told you you'd be, erm, chuffed with it Bob!

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
A chuffing good afternoons 'chuffing' was had with G/son. We chuiffed up and down so much that now we also get lots of slip ( :thinking: probably due to all that steam oil that we used). Tested so much we didn't have time for piccys. New 3rd/brake compo is now well run in.

New Haven Neil

trains bikes camping kayaking red wine.....more tr
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
I'm with you now Chris about the comment on GRC - I thought you meant the photos on the daily thread, I posted 3 on that so wasn't sure which one you meant. I forgot I had posted one here! D'oh!:)