zman50

Registered
22 Feb 2019
Wisconsin
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I have a P.H. Hobbies steam sound board V2-6 that was added to a tender, not original to tender. It has decent sound like hissing, bell clanging, whistle, and chuff chuff. The problem I have is when it first starts out there is a annoying, lets call it squelching sound. It will go away after the tender gets rolling about 5-10 seconds, and then the sound is ok. It does this every time the tender starts to roll. There is a volume control but turning it down does not get rid of it, only if the volume is turned all the way down. Thanks for any info.

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
I gather this is track power?

Sounds like a bad or missing battery, which supplies power to the sound unit until the track voltage gets high enough to power the unit.

So:

track power or not?
model number of the board (It's usually on the board a 1000, 2000, 3,000, etc. number
is there a small 9v battery or connectors for one?

That should get us going...

example: (model number S3005 is in bottom right corner)

s3005.jpg

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Bottom right on my screen on a pc... right below the square prom, near the speaker... is the speaker on the right on your screen? It's not here, speaker shows on the right.

Notice I specified the model number, to the right of the copywrite symbol, above the work copyright.... there's other writing all over the board, typical of PH Hobbies.

Greg

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Greg,
Apologies, my bad! - Excuse, it was BC (before coffee) ;)

I had picked up about the battery, and had gone for the battery connection on the board.. :(
(I will delete the post, a little later)
PhilP

zman50

Registered
22 Feb 2019
Wisconsin
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Bottom right on my screen on a pc... right below the square prom, near the speaker... is the speaker on the right on your screen? It's not here, speaker shows on the right.

Notice I specified the model number, to the right of the copywrite symbol, above the work copyright.... there's other writing all over the board, typical of PH Hobbies.

Greg
It is track power, there is no connector for a battery. I will have to take apart again to check model number. It is about 3-4 inches long and 1-1.5 inches wide. Thanks

zman50

Registered
22 Feb 2019
Wisconsin
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
It is track power, there is no connector for a battery. I will have to take apart again to check model number. It is about 3-4 inches long and 1-1.5 inches wide. Thanks

zman50

Registered
22 Feb 2019
Wisconsin
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I gather this is track power?

Sounds like a bad or missing battery, which supplies power to the sound unit until the track voltage gets high enough to power the unit.

So:

track power or not?
model number of the board (It's usually on the board a 1000, 2000, 3,000, etc. number
is there a small 9v battery or connectors for one?

That should get us going...

example: (model number S3005 is in bottom right corner)

s3005.jpg
I finally had a chance to get that number. It says patent pending CB12A2. Hope you can figure something out. Thanks for your knowledge.

zman50

Registered
22 Feb 2019
Wisconsin
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Please look for more numbers, a nice high resolution picture would help. the number you gave does not sound right.

Greg
No other numbers, but will try to post a picture.

MaidaVale

Registered
13 Sep 2023
Perth
Best answers
Country flag
Zman50

Did you ever get this resolved and do you have any information or manual on the card as I have the same card in a bunch of stuff I have just unpacked. I’d like to test it to see if it works but I am missing some plugs

MaidaVale

Registered
13 Sep 2023
Perth
Best answers
Country flag
Don’t worry folks I’ve got it working and all it plays are Christmas Melodie’s. Nothing else.