idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
I have recently purchased the Massoth PC Module to enable me to update Massoth decoder firmware and sound projects.

The CD it comes with has some software, DCC Programmer v1.3.46 dated 2014 and DIMAX Update Software (unknown version).
According to the latest documentation "The Massoth Service Tool ... unites the former DCC Programmer as well as the DiMAX Update Tool." and "The Massoth Service Tool can be downloaded free of charge from the Massoth website." without telling you where.
(From 991085_BDA_MST_1510_EN.pdf Massoth Service Tool).

Although the DCC Programmer provided works it does not offer all the functions shown in the Massoth Service Tool manual. The DCC Programmer has an Online Update menu option but that tries to call an FTP server with an address that just times out and you cannot ping.

I have searched the Massoth website high and low but the only software they offer is firmware update for their central station. Please can anyone who has the latest MST software please tell me where I get it? Thanks.

The Shed

Citizen of the Republic of the North East.
8 Mar 2020
Darlington, County Durham.
Country
England
Best answers
Contact Massoth by email, quote serial number from the PC Module, if all kosher, will be sent a link to download the latest version of the MST Software, if not, will have to purchase the USB stick with the software pre-loaded onto it.

Earlier versions of the software are connecting to a non existent server!

idlemarvel

13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Contact Massoth by email, quote serial number from the PC Module, if all kosher, will be sent a link to download the latest version of the MST Software, if not, will have to purchase the USB stick with the software pre-loaded onto it.

Earlier versions of the software are connecting to a non existent server!
Thanks, will do, pity Massoth didn't tell me to do that in their own product literature or website :)

idlemarvel

13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks again, so it was there just not referred to in their product information. Good find.

As you are on a roll do you know where the serial number is on the PC module? Not on the box, not on the device, not in the device (I opened it up in case there was a label inside somewhere)? Thanks.

The Shed

Citizen of the Republic of the North East.
8 Mar 2020
Darlington, County Durham.
Country
England
Best answers
Should be a label on the bottom of the PCB, contains Massoths's product code, description of product, and the device serial number.

Was this purchased new?, if no serial number, afraid extraction of the wallet may well be required.....

Last edited:

idlemarvel

13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
It is new. I found a label which I suppose must contain the serial number. It says:
DiMAX 100A
ME011751
PC Modul USB 2.0

I guess the ME number is the serial number. They don't make it easy!
Thanks very much for you help.

idlemarvel

13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Just to close this off, Massoth were very responsive and sent me a download link within 4 hours of me sending the email request. I have downloaded the software and am currently performing an online update and all seems to be well.

Massoth said that recent shipments of the PC Module include the Massoth Service Tool USB stick which contains the updated software, and from that you can download the latest updates.

If you get a PC Module which contains a CD you may as well ignore that as it just contains out of date software and manuals. You may use it to test the hardware works, as I did, but apart from that it is more or less useless.

Thanks to The Shed The Shed and schienenkönig schienenkönig for their help.