How do I program Massoth S decoder connected via SUSI with Massoth Service Tool

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Country flag
To recap... yes control via SUSI does work, both in Function Key operation and CV programming using the CV's allocated to the SUSI banks of CV's, tested and verified using the PIKO DCC System and the Massoth Programmer, and both templates work as they should.

Below in the picture, M Decoder to S Decoder via SUSI cable, quite why an XL Decoder has so much trouble, will have to refer that one to Massoth for an answer.

View attachment 285426
Thanks for your update. I will try same as you with XL decoder (instead of M decoder) again.

Greg Elmassian

Registered
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
www.elmassian.com
Country flag
I think more USA Massoth users need to come to this forum, there are amazing twists and turns to getting some of this to work. My hat is off to you experts to figure this stuff out. Seriously, I would have thrown the equipment off a cliff by now.

Without insult to Massoth, I'll stick to my Zimo system thank you very much, I think you could make a career of figuring this stuff out!

Greg

The Shed

Leuchtturm Garten Bahn up and running!
8 Mar 2020
Darlington
Country
England
www.theshedrailway.co.uk
CV shown with an * in the description, are the standard CV's with a corresponding SUSI CV.....

Capture 1.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

Capture 3.PNG

Capture 4.PNG

Capture 5.PNG

Capture 6.PNG

Capture 7.PNG

Last edited:

The Shed

8 Mar 2020
Darlington
Country
England
www.theshedrailway.co.uk
Just a quick update, swapped XL decoders, all working as it should, seem to have a faulty decoder, already winging its way back to Massoth.

Just to confirm the compatibility of a Massoth S Decoder with communication and programming control via the SUSI interface bus, hooked up to a PIKO 36125 decoder.........

Massoth S to 36125 PIKO SmartDecoder 4.1.png

Greg Elmassian

Registered
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
www.elmassian.com
Country flag
Just to understand, is there a programming mode that still does not work?

i.e. using the SUSI output on the programmer to the decoder? I read back through the thread, and cannot seem to find your post where you listed the programming configurations that did not work?

We have issues here in the states getting good information on Massoth.

Thanks, Greg

The Shed

8 Mar 2020
Darlington
Country
England
www.theshedrailway.co.uk
Quick update from correspondence with Frank Nöller earlier this morning, the missing templates for version 4.2 are scheduled for inclusion in the next service update for the Massoth Service Tool on/around the 1st of June.........

Last edited:

The Shed

8 Mar 2020
Darlington
Country
England
www.theshedrailway.co.uk
Another quick up date from Frank Nöller, with reference to the usage of the original Massoth eMOTION S via SUSI >V3.5 decoder template, that contained a minor error which has now been corrected, and this will also be updated with a new revised decoder template in the next scheduled service update.

Benco

Registered
22 May 2020
UK
Country flag
According to an email from Frank on 4 May there will be an update for the PC module 'shortly'. Maybe all will be revealed in June.
Ben

The Shed

8 Mar 2020
Darlington
Country
England
www.theshedrailway.co.uk
Set of email attachments received earlier from Frank Nöller for the requests for updates and corrections, will work through them and reply back.

Spotted this one yesterday which needs correcting, no prizes I'm afraid will be awarded for spotting the error!

Massoth XL2 Plug.PNG

Last edited:

Benco

Registered
22 May 2020
UK
Country flag
Give in. What's wrong with it?

Benco

Registered
22 May 2020
UK
Country flag
Massoth have released a raft of updates, at last..
Ben

The Shed

8 Mar 2020
Darlington
Country
England
www.theshedrailway.co.uk
Yep, updates downloaded, case of working through them, also the requests for some of the 'building blocks' have been accommodated, case of reworking the existing templates and incorporating the new features, jobs for the wet and cold winter months.

MST 3.5.1.107.PNG

Last edited: