Massoth PC Module not loading new sound file to XLS decoder

pmindigo

Registered
25 Aug 2021
Scott’s Valley CA
Best answers
Country flag
I saw the discussion about this topic dated 2012 but the issue was not resolved. The XLS Decoder is installed in a Stainz and is sitting on the programming track which is connected to the Massoth PC Module. I previously loaded a sound file and programmed the CV’s. I’m now trying to change the sound file, but every time I select a new file and select Update, the PC Module times out after 3 attempts to connect to the decoder.
After restarting everything, I can load the decoder file and view and modify CV’s using the programming screen, but every time I go to the sound menu, the pc module times out attempting to c to the decoder.
The decoder works fine on my DCC layout.
Thoughts.

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
I saw the discussion about this topic dated 2012 but the issue was not resolved. The XLS Decoder is installed in a Stainz and is sitting on the programming track which is connected to the Massoth PC Module. I previously loaded a sound file and programmed the CV’s. I’m now trying to change the sound file, but every time I select a new file and select Update, the PC Module times out after 3 attempts to connect to the decoder.
After restarting everything, I can load the decoder file and view and modify CV’s using the programming screen, but every time I go to the sound menu, the pc module times out attempting to c to the decoder.
The decoder works fine on my DCC layout.
Thoughts.
Not at all my area of expertise, but I do know Massoth is quite prescriptive about the characteristics of sound files to be uploaded (recommending using Audacity to tinker to get them just so). Please ignore if I'm spouting nonsense!

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Is this an older XLS? - Pre the days of using CV's to lock the decoder?

Try loading the equivalent S decoder sound file.

PhilP

pmindigo

Registered
25 Aug 2021
Scott’s Valley CA
Best answers
Country flag
This is a new
Is this an older XLS? - Pre the days of using CV's to lock the decoder?

Try loading the equivalent S decoder sound file.

PhilP
This is a new XLS decoder. The lock CV’s are set to the default value of 144. I will try loading different sound files as you suggested. Thanks.