Updating Massoth Central Station 1210Z from V2.62 to V2.65

R

railaddict

Registered
18 May 2020
Belgium
I have posted this in the DCC section but got no answer, maybe because I used a subject that had already been treated some years ago. I'm making a new attempt in this section.

I bought a Massoth 1210Z central station in 2014 (firmware 2.62) together with a Navigator (version 1.90). After a few years of inactivity and running the trains again, I noticed that I should update to version 2,65. At the time of purchase, Massoth did not supply the Service Stick yet. Not knowing how to update the central station, I contacted their hotline and got an answer from Mr Norbert Rosch who kindly explained the procedure to follow. Unfortunately I get stuck when opening the Dimax Update Tool. I am asked to select firmware image file and I don't have a clue where to find this file.
This is how I proceeded to the update tool: in the support section I opened the wiki and then the software category and on the top left, Dimax Update Tool. This leads you to a window to open or download V13.zip file and that is how far I managed to go.

Silly question:should I connect my Central to my computer before doing this? I know there are quite a few users of this central on the forum, hence my questions, hoping someone can help.

muns

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
Which language do you want and I'll see if I can find the correct firmware file?

R

railaddict

Registered
18 May 2020
Belgium
I want it in French. I have already downloaded the file here: Zentrale 1200Z 8135001 – Massoth Elektronik GmbH and Massoth say you don't need the Dimax PC Module (8175201) to update the central station,.

However, when you unzip the file for french/english languages and you want to open it you cannot do it because the extension is "Fichier Dimax" (Dimax File). So, how can I open it? Change the extension?

I hope my explanation is not confusing anyone.

Attachments

muns

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
I have opened a "Conversation" with you and sent you the French 2.65 firmware for a 1210Z.

R

railaddict

Registered
18 May 2020
Belgium
Thanks to muns, my central station, navigator and rc receiver are up to date. He found the files for me and explained me how to proceed for the different updates. I really appreciate the time he spent to help me.