Del Tapparo

Registered
24 Nov 2009
Windsor, Colorado, USA
www.gscalegraphics.net
Best answers
Country flag
Glengrant said:
Well G scale Graphics looks very good, a bit far away from me of course. .....

Postage for a 1 or 2 ounce letter is quite reasonable. And as this forum proves, distance is not a problem.

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
pugwash said:
KeithT said:
pugwash said:
KeithT said:
You would recognise this then?
I am NOT a printer.
At first hand no, all I can see is that it is a web fed machine with apparently two printing units, the size of the reel makes me think newspaper (broadsheet) and there is a centre stack (as opposed to being at the other end of the machine) that centre group, plus the folding bars atop make me think it's a recto/verso single pass (which again fits in with the broadsheet) and the whole style of the machine says Heidelberg. I would be interested to know how the printer got the ink in the duct without pain and misery (note the later addition of an emergency OFF button);
Aargh, missed a couple of basics, it's rotary, and almost certainly a plate machine. Hmm. Dunno, could also be an early Augsburger.
The second, prettier, picture is Heidelberg.
Oops and I thought it might have been an easy one.
Perhaps these help, and the town is Mainz........
Could be a double broadsheet, prints 4 folios at a time, still an early newspaper machine.
Not much, it's as I said an early rotary letterpress machine, plate, and I take it back - it's not a Heidelberg as they didn't make these machines . The gutenburg museum in Mainz, gawd I can already smell the ink.
I'm interested in what the bottle of water and pail were for...
At last. It's a 1922 MAN rotary press, the blue paintwork was the giveaway, for the rest I was right.
Here is the poor old dear before restoration:

4082c88f52be41a5a7f735e44a06ee5f.jpg

Glengrant

Registered
24 Oct 2009
NE Scotlamd
Best answers
Del Tapparo said:
Glengrant said:
Well G scale Graphics looks very good, a bit far away from me of course. .....

Postage for a 1 or 2 ounce letter is quite reasonable. And as this forum proves, distance is not a problem.
OK I take your point
I will study your website a bit more closely and may well contact you. Especially as my latest venture has just ended in disaster, the (unsealed) top layer just, well, came off in my hands. Now why does Fort Collins ring a bell? I've been up and down that Denver to Trinidad line quite a few times. Is that where the - no sorry, got it, the old memory cells have kicked in. North of Denver, where the tram runs, and don't you have street running there, I mean mainline? Tram was locked up when I passed through there on the way to Cheyenne and Sherman Hill, only I went on the two week shut down of Powder River, so no coal trains. But, Happy days, I loved the place

Del Tapparo

Registered
24 Nov 2009
Windsor, Colorado, USA
www.gscalegraphics.net
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, the Burlington Northern line runs right down the middle of a street. Unfortunately, the Fort Collins trolley, recently broke an axle, and is out of service for awhile.