Show us your Track Diagrams

NCS from Qbyn

Registered
29 Apr 2016
Queanbeyan, Australia
Best answers
Country flag
I’m not sure that pictures would help me wrap my head around the complexity of your railroad, but I would still like to try. If you have photos available, would you direct me where to look. Thank you.
I made this rather corny slideshow which is still on YouTube at the end of 2011. The railway has been extended a fair bit since then, and some of the bits shown on here have been modified as well, but I guess it will give you some idea of what is there. I have added a few more scratch built bridges since these photos were taken and redesigned some others. It was a bit more cleaned up in those days, but I am working to clean it up again, along with doing some building extensions and track maintenance. The track layout itself has remained pretty much unchanged since the October 2015 diagram.

Slideshow from 2011:-

Edgar

Registered
13 May 2020
Tennessee
Best answers
Country flag
Wow! If I knew how to slow it down or isolate the the images for pondering purposes... Not that it’s an issue, I didn’t notice any need for maintaining a lawnmower. Thank you

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Yes - I've never seen so many ways of changing from picture to picture - I was going slightly dizzy! A fantastic amount of effort gone in to your line!

Reactions: 1 user

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Add-on transition packs 1-5, I reckon? ;):giggle::giggle:
(Well, you did warn us it was a little corny..) :D:D:D

NCS from Qbyn

Registered
29 Apr 2016
Queanbeyan, Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Wow! If I knew how to slow it down or isolate the the images for pondering purposes... Not that it’s an issue, I didn’t notice any need for maintaining a lawnmower. Thank you
Hitting the pause button would do it. No, I don't have any lawn left. I used to have a small motor mower, but that conked out before I started on the railway. I replaced in with a push mower, which must be in the garage somewhere. However, I haven't used that in donkeys years.:giggle:

NCS from Qbyn

Registered
29 Apr 2016
Queanbeyan, Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Add-on transition packs 1-5, I reckon? ;):giggle::giggle:
(Well, you did warn us it was a little corny..) :D:D:D
Actually that was generated by the software I was using. You just gave it a file of photos and a music clip and it did the rest. I think they might have been trying to make a point with those transitions, but they overdid it a tad!>:)

Paul2727

Registered
5 Jun 2018
The Cotswolds
Best answers
Country flag
You tube has playback speed options (Click the cogwheel icon.)
Ahead quarter speed... I, I captain..!

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
I’m not sure that pictures would help me wrap my head around the complexity of your railroad, but I would still like to try. If you have photos available, would you direct me where to look. Thank you.
I'm just glad there's a map available, how many lost trains are out there desperate to get home:rofl:

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
At the other extreme from NCS from Qbyn NCS from Qbyn here is my indoor 8' x 10' layout. No danger of lost trains! :)

Untitled.png

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
This is the outline plan that was used to build Andy Rush’s Ruschbahn. The Sidings under the mountain became known as Mountain Sidings with the left part being 3 loops in the end. Carolstadt finally became a 3 track Station with a TT at the far end and !oco sidings going off it. The boards now reside on my line as Silberhütte. Millisee was built as shown. Inside the Shed the double named Low Level had 5 roads with some kick backs and a left turn to a loco turning facility for the 2-8-0. Hauptspeicher had 3 loops with sidings and a line that went left to the Cuckoo Clock Factory behind which was a siding for the Railcar to disappear to in the Timetable. This part of the line eventually became a Rack Line that was completed as a working part but never sceneiced before Andy sadly passed away. Some on here will certainly remember this line and quite a few of the Mad guys did visit but few got into being that interested in the Timetable running which was the reason for the line being built.9AE1A909-3368-4C1F-A305-6A2D042A3A2C.jpeg

MaybachMD

Registered
18 May 2018
Bromley, Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Jon

Thanks for sharing. A wonderful line. I stumbled across it on Youtube many years ago. One of the best. The track diagram explains it.

Simon

David K

Registered
17 Jul 2016
Offaly, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag

lgbmad

Model trains....G scale mainly, but enjoy all othe
20 Oct 2011
Llanfyllin,Powys
Best answers
Country flag

rentren

LGB - Viafier Retica Wälderbähnle Rheinbähnle
22 Aug 2020
Kaslo/BC, Canada
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
LGB stands for Linz Gstadt Bahn the name of his Railway, the current one being I imagine his second one as he says.
Here is another L G B. - Landeck-Graubünden Bahn

It is in two separate parts, at left approx. 11' x 11' "Ramosch" (Lower Engadine, line never built past Scuol/Schuls (Graubünden, Switzerland) to Landeck (Tirol, Austria); rolling stock 760mm or 2 1/2 ft aka Bosna Gauge, analog control. It is beneath the deck (7' clearance) and fairly rain/snow proof about 4' above ground.
Presently some MZS stuff is under way to me to power the extension to be built when the snow is gone; wraps around the building corner to a former firewood storage and accommodates meter gauge model RhB Ge 2/4 (LGB 2045, Massoth innards) and two oldies, passenger and baggage car (Ballenberg 3 axle, not RhB 2 axle).
I want to keep analog and dcc electrically separate.
The extension will drop from right (former firewood storage) toward the deck, then loop below "Ramosch" to continue to drop back toward former wood storage and looping there beneath the upper loop and end station "Aschera" (means 'ashes', Romansch place name for German "Schiers" in Prättigau valley of Graubünden/Grisons.
Place names have nostalgic reasons.
A Ramosch station does not exist (but trains could connect thru Ramosch not only to Landeck in North Tyrol but also to Mals in South Tyrol), Schiers Stn is no end station being on thru-line Landquart-Klosters (and on to Davos or Engadine via Vereina tunnel), but 'ashes' fits the former firewood storage .
Photo shows house corner, at left the emptied firewood storage, wrapped in white tarp the below deck run "Ramosch" and for a kicker, the shelter on the lower level stands on the rail bed of the former Kaslo & Slocan (3ft), later CPR Kaslo-Nakusp (normal gauge). Of course, lots of potential, however, for a fixed income track laying BIG time poses not just engineering questions (someone's nodding behind me :) .
One more thing?
Father's dad piloted the 'Heidi' type G 3/4 RhB steam engine, mother's dad was a civil engineer (NG, tramways).

Attachments

• The Curves+Ramosch.jpg
    The Curves+Ramosch.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 0
  • P1240364.jpeg
    P1240364.jpeg
    481.4 KB · Views: 0
  • edRetianTriangle.jpg
    edRetianTriangle.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Thornmini

Registered
10 Jan 2020
Brunswick, GA
Best answers
Country flag
Here's my Waldeker EisenBahn --- Enjoy!

Attachments

• WEB MAP.jpg
    WEB MAP.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 0

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag

Steve Seidensticker

Registered
14 Oct 2020
San Diego, California
Best answers
Country flag
Here is the track plan for my Gopher Canyon Line in San Diego. For pics and description see the Spring 2019 Issue of Garden Railways.

Attachments

• GCL Master 1:11:18.pdf
    454.1 KB · Views: 0

John Pinfold

Registered
3 Mar 2018
Cheltenham
Best answers
Country flag
There you go ......

Attachments

• JP Pic 4 - The track plan.jpg
    JP Pic 4 - The track plan.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 0

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
I also had a modest LGB line when I lived at Hertford (Bengeo actually) in a Garden that would hardly appear a suitable size. Was made to be operated to Timetable in spite of its modest size. No track plan but you can get the feel from these 2 pictures, the two were joined by a length and a half of LGB Flex Track. Layout was written up in one of Tom Coopers Magazines.
DE86AC14-40C6-42C5-BE8B-2CDC793A6D7E.jpeg