Show us your Track Diagrams

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Here's mine, basically double track out and back to a terminus....

layout.jpg

John Carmichael

Registered
16 Dec 2019
Tucson Arizona USA
Best answers
Country flag
Here is the track plan I made of our GR for my never-published article on the new funicular. Garden Railways magazine folded right after I sent it to them. It's located on the large island to the east. Design shows three separate lines- trolley, funicular, and main.
It is The Cholla Patch Railroad located in Tucson Arizona.

Attachments

• TRACKPLAN-colorized-med res.jpg
    TRACKPLAN-colorized-med res.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 0

Edgar

Registered
13 May 2020
Tennessee
Best answers
Country flag
Mine is shaped like a grand piano; eighteen across the keys and twenty-five down the hood. The layout has a two by fifteen foot side bar utilized as switch yard.

Edgar

Registered
13 May 2020
Tennessee
Best answers
Country flag
When I proofread pre-post reply, it usually reads what I wanted to say. And after posting the replies, I read the confusion of what I was trying to say. My railroad 18’x25’ with a 2’x15’ three rail fiddle area.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Here is the track plan I made of our GR for my never-published article on the new funicular. Garden Railways magazine folded right after I sent it to them. It's located on the large island to the east. Design shows three separate lines- trolley, funicular, and main.
It is The Cholla Patch Railroad located in Tucson Arizona.
If you have already done the 'donkey work' of preparing the article, why not send it to Garden Rail magazine?
UK published, but does have subscribers all over the world..

PhilP

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
When I proofread pre-post reply, it usually reads what I wanted to say. And after posting the replies, I read the confusion of what I was trying to say. My railroad 18’x25’ with a 2’x15’ three rail fiddle area.
I knew what you meant, being an upright sort of chap.

Gtarling

Registered
26 Aug 2019
Grantham
Best answers
Country flag
Here's mine - currently named 'Ingoldsby Halt' by my dear wife. Test track to prove construction methods was built last year and now hoping to get at least the main circuit built this year. Comments welcome!GardensideLayout4.jpg

65 1057

Railways @ 1.435 mm/ 1.000 mm/ 750 mm and 45mm
9 May 2018
Berlin
Best answers
Country flag
And here's mine. The route extension in the middle of the garden will not be authorized soon, so I`ll try to extend the terminus ;)

1612294621355.png

LGeoB

Registered
12 Dec 2017
Perth, Western Australia
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Here's mine generated in Rocrail. Lots of roundy roundy! Plan to fill hole in the middle with some mining/forest camp and a terminus. Geoff

Garden_layout 3-Feb-2021.png

Reactions: 1 user

chris m01

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Birmingham, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Biscally just a big circle with a Y junction to allow access to the covered storage roads. I can let trains run or I can do end to end with trains having to wait at stations for trains in the other direction.
Slide5 (2020_06_08 06_12_27 UTC).JPG

gardenplan.jpg

ARIA31

Registered
3 Oct 2017
Toulouse - France
Best answers
Country flag
This is a very interesting and pleasant thread.

Thank you Duncan1984 of having created it.
Thank you for all who already posted.

At last I hope other visitors will upload their track diagrams.

chris m01

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Birmingham, UK
Best answers
Country flag
My covered storage sidings as mentioned in the plan above. I find these ideal for the typical British summer days when you get spells of nice sunshine and intermittent showers. If a shower comes on, or lunch beckons, I just drive everything into the covered sidings where they will stay dry. Being so open they aren’t 100% effective for long heavy periods of rain, the trains in track 1 get wet. I wouldn’t be without this covered area now, it makes all the difference between being worth getting a lot of stock out or not on a changeable day.
D5201F49-A375-4935-97CF-C8037B2CF774.jpeg

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
As the layout as of 5 years ago...the saw mill in Arrowhead has been replaced by a coal mine.. and some other ancillary buildings

track plan 2021.jpg

Last edited:

rhaetianfan

RhB (obviously) but otherwise any 'modern' locos
24 Oct 2009
Hamble
Best answers
Country flag
Interesting thread!

Mine is basically a loop around the garden with reasonably complex stations either side of the house. Allows end to end and continuous running.Rhaetianfan G scale.jpg

I haven't got round to naming the stations yet, or (to be fair) putting much in the way of scenery or buildings down. The basic track plan is virtually that which I laid down temporarily to see what would fit the garden when I moved in four years ago, now ballasted and joints secured with Massoth clamps throughout. Works for me!

M

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
Wirral
Best answers
Country flag
This is the Linz Gstadt Bahn track plan of 2010 - as it appeared in Continental Modeller in August 2010.
Purgstall station appeared bottom left a few years later
I have a track plan for the LGB 2 but it is not of a suitable standard for print....

D9127AAE-8622-44CC-B8B5-7DF52603FF69.jpeg

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
I put my line on here, but looking at the marvellous empires created by the posters,I don't really want to be shamed! My line is basically an odd shaped dog-bone, no points or cross overs. I laid as a trial to see if I could construct something cheaply with scrounged pavoir bricks, as it seems to work, this year will see some sort of extension

MaybachMD

Registered
18 May 2018
Bromley, Kent
Best answers
Country flag
I hope everyone feels free to share. It would be a shame if mutual interest was compromised. I think this is a very democratic and supportive forum. I have really enjoyed seeing everyones ideas, big or small.
I was wondering if there would be any mileage or interest in sharing operating systems. How many of these layouts are DCC, run live steam of rely on radio control?