Scratch building an 0-4-0 loco with Walshearts valve gear

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
An inspection of RH's very helpful website is highly recommended. ALL the queries addressed here can be answered there.

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag

The Accucraft Decauville model is a very likely candidate, but is not a common model here in UK. However, to start off, try calling Graham Langer, boss of Accucraft UK. He is VERY helpish, from a lot of personal experience. Tell him that what you REALLY want is a complete chassis less all the steam bits, however, think £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££........

The man actually behind the is Accucraft's man in Germany, Lorenz Schug of MBV Schug in Detzem.

MBV Schug
Detzem, Germany
www.accucraft.de
info@accucraft.de

Tel: +49 6507-802326

He might be able to be able to help you. If your German is rusty, he speaks very good English. You could also try Bram Hengeveld in The Netherlands - http://exclusivemodels.nl. He also speaks very good English, although I annoy the socks of him by using Afrikaans.

If you DO get in touch with Bram, tell him I sent you. :)

PS - Égide Walschaert, a Belgian engineer, must be rotating in his grave to see his name mangled like that. It's like spelling Oliver Bullied, in stead of Bulleid.

I didn't know that Accucraft model existed.....very, very nice. Certainly close to my prototype in the frame, running gear and boiler. In other circumstances I would buy the live steam model and modify it. However my intention is to donate the model I build to the local railway museum so that visitors can run it round their 32mm track. That means it has to be track powered. However I will certainly follow up your contacts. Thank you.

Regards
Peter Lucas
MyLocoSound

PS. My deepest apologies to Mr. WALSCHAERT!

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
I didn't know that Accucraft model existed.....very, very nice. Certainly close to my prototype in the frame, running gear and boiler. In other circumstances I would buy the live steam model and modify it. However my intention is to donate the model I build to the local railway museum so that visitors can run it round their 32mm track. That means it has to be track powered. However I will certainly follow up your contacts. Thank you.

Regards
Peter Lucas
MyLocoSound

PS. My deepest apologies to Mr. WALSCHAERT!

Since you are in Australia it might be a plan to make contact with Argyle Locomotive Works in Olinda, Victoria -

Michael Ragg
Phn: +61 3 9751 1964
e-mail: sales@argyleloco.com.au
Olinda VIC 3788, Australia
Visitors by appointment only.

The shade of M. Walschaert smiles...