Round Robin boxcar

Shawn

Hiking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing
Re:Round Robin boxcar visits the KMRR

The round robin box car did its tour today on the Kittatinny Mt. RR today. Tempos were in the upper 70's with lots of humidity (not typical weather for this time of year)

8y7ptk.jpg

2gtay6s.jpg

oac8pk.jpg

35878ep.jpg

21l4jnd.jpg

Shawn

blaisdell.jpg
Mik said:
The siderods fell off big John? Those scrap thieves must be desperate

LOL I was wondering if anyone would notice. Im actually in the process of making it look more like a Dunkirk. The trucks I was going to use on the wheels were too small. I just have to get some larger ones like the bachmann.

marshman

Registered
9 Feb 2010
north norfolk
Best answers
Country flag

Nice paint & weathering job on the Hartland Shawn.The pics of your railroad are always great.

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers

Bob P said:
I'll keep both eyes on the mailbox Shawn. Bob and Doug EH. That stuff was corny then and it's remarkably more so now, wonder what the attraction was. Oh well it's probably just me, but a back bacon sandwich sounds good right now.

From a friend from Brantford, ON equated it to the "Valley Girl" trend here in the USA. A quck passing fad.

Honestly, there were more interesting bits from SCTV, a Count Floyd movie would have rocked!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m2gl51J6lo

Dtsteam

G Scale, Travel, Steam Boats, Mechanical Music
24 Oct 2009
Preston
Best answers
Country flag

Spule 4 said:
Bob P said:
I'll keep both eyes on the mailbox Shawn. Bob and Doug EH. That stuff was corny then and it's remarkably more so now, wonder what the attraction was. Oh well it's probably just me, but a back bacon sandwich sounds good right now.

From a friend from Brantford, ON equated it to the "Valley Girl" trend here in the USA. A quck passing fad.

Honestly, there were more interesting bits from SCTV, a Count Floyd movie would have rocked!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m2gl51J6lo

Google translate offered little assistance with the last post....

One of the pleasures of reading this forum over breakfast is catching up with the ex-colonials overnight chatter :D even if I don't understand it :D:D

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag

So who is going to fit it with a GPS transmitter so we can all see where it is? :D
If it ever gets to central Europe count me in, say, do we have anyone in the Vatican? :rofl:

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers

Great photo and Stainzbash!

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers

Ere! theres Graffiti all over my boxcar...............Good In'it.....................................Well when Bob's done with it it's coming back to me here in California and then if nobody else on this Big Island fancy's a visit then it will go off to ...........................where? ...................I need a volunteer from Europe, Australia/New Zealand, Great Britain, Or anywhere else to send it onto????
This will be my legacy to the Hobby! Oh how great can it be!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................Paul................

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers

minimans said:
Ere! theres Graffiti all over my boxcar...............Good In'it.....................................Well when Bob's done with it it's coming back to me here in California and then if nobody else on this Big Island fancy's a visit then it will go off to ...........................where? ...................I need a volunteer from Europe, Australia/New Zealand, Great Britain, Or anywhere else to send it onto????
This will be my legacy to the Hobby! Oh how great can it be!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................Paul................

Maybe an interesting (but probably expensive) side trip to Korm?

Martino

Photography, The GWR, Aviation, Travel, Cars.
24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag

Anyone worked out how many miles it's travelled so far?

...or should I get a life!

;-)

Shawn

Bob P said:
Thanks Shawn, hopefully that won't be for a couple of months.

I hope so too although last oct 16th we had 6 inches and the year before that 14 inches.

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag

minimans said:
I need a volunteer from Europe, Australia/New Zealand, Great Britain, Or anywhere else to send it onto????
Paul, look 3 posts up, number 74, unless you want it to go to GSC land first :D

UKSGR

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Bournemouth
Best answers
Country flag

Paul, how do you want the list of potential receivers? I'd be more than happy to have it in sunny Spain for a while and have at least 5 layouts for it to travel on.

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers

Well the boxcar is now in Sunny UK! should be here soon..................................