Renaming a Loco

Andrew B. Middleton

Registered
22 Jun 2016
Beechworth VIC 3747
Best answers
Very useful information. Haven't applied or removed transfers since the late 1980's - early 1990's, and things seem to have changed a lot! Thank you for the link. Have written it down for later examination and printing. Someone on this thread mentioned 'tuits'. They are pretty difficult to find since metrication started in Australia with the decimalization of the currency on the 14th February 1966. Haven't even seen any metric tuits in the local "Home Hardware" store over the last 6 years. Hope your non-metric supplies in the UK don't run out!

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Very useful information. Haven't applied or removed transfers since the late 1980's - early 1990's, and things seem to have changed a lot! Thank you for the link. Have written it down for later examination and printing. Someone on this thread mentioned 'tuits'. They are pretty difficult to find since metrication started in Australia with the decimalization of the currency on the 14th February 1966. Haven't even seen any metric tuits in the local "Home Hardware" store over the last 6 years. Hope your non-metric supplies in the UK don't run out!

It's not the conversion from Imperial to Metric that's the problem (I'm still adding to my stock of Tuits every day) - it's the conversion of Tu-its to Dun-its that is difficult or nearly impossible!

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag

I have a never ending supply of Round Tuits, they are a universal fit and a drop in replacement being fully interchangeable by having the same fit, form & function.

Please find one below for use with any project that needs one ;) ;) ;);

a_round_tuit.jpg

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Jeweller's rouge is also v effective in removing transfers etc..
T- cut used to sell a product (not the usual T.-cut!) but I have not seen it for years. I even used it to remove coatings from plastic spectacle lenses without it scratching them.

Back in the day when I had to do spit and polish of all sorts of thing I used a mixture of talcum powder (baby powder) and Brasso to polish a buffed metal buckle till it shone like chrome a homemade Jewellers Rouge. I have used it since to polish really old brass vases SWMBO bought at a garage sale for a deceased estate.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I have a shortage of round-tuits, but an over-abundance of UFO's..
(In-Finished Objects)