Red Green signal lights for about £12.50

• Hi Guest

We will be moving G Scale Central to a new server at 7pm GMT on Monday 30th January, if you see this message after that time then you are still on the old server so do not post anything as it will not be transferred to the new one. Once this message is no longer visible to you, then you are on the new server.

There will be no site changes at all, just moving to a new server (faster, shinier, better etc etc)

Paul

collectors

Registered
16 Apr 2022
Norfolk UK
Best answers
Country flag
Made 10 of these Red Green signal lights for about £12.50 each. With some 5mm leds,10mm T pieces, 10mm end caps, 10-22mm reducer, 10-15mm reducer & some 15mm clear plastic chair leg ends to cover the leds. I think they came out well for the price. I even cheated & s/glued the joints of the copper pipes.
sig2.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Railroad Pony

Registered
31 Dec 2022
Ohio
Best answers
Country flag
I like that reducer at the bottom. It has the right look to it. I might steal that.

collectors

Registered
16 Apr 2022
Norfolk UK
Best answers
Country flag
I like that reducer at the bottom. It has the right look to it. I might steal that.
I have just upped the size of the lamp area to take a 1 watt LED. I fitted the 1 watt led with a heat sink & used heat dissipating glue to hold it onto the new 22mm copper end cap. Works well & only gets warm. Also had to upgrade the resitter to a 1 watt 9.1 Ω on the red & 1 watt 5.6 Ω on the green @ 5 volts.
signal.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

collectors

Registered
16 Apr 2022
Norfolk UK
Best answers
Country flag
Slight upgrade with some led's that are not quite so bright. But! work off 12-24 volt DC & no resistors needed. From Aliexpress 55p each.
signal-light.jpg
led-signal.JPG

Reactions: 1 user