R2 / R3 dilemma

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
Soooooooo..........wot ya gonna do then Dave? I suppose the sensible answer is get a bigger shed.

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Good question Mike, and thanks for getting back on topic! In a typical Englishman compromise I think the answer is both. R2 in the short term and then the "bigger shed" with R3 or 900mm. I can more or less fund the R2 by selling off excess R1 track and points. R3 will take more investment of money and time, a project for next year. In the meantime I will be able to keep the trains running.

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
Best answers
Country flag
Good question Mike, and thanks for getting back on topic! In a typical Englishman compromise I think the answer is both. R2 in the short term and then the "bigger shed" with R3 or 900mm. I can more or less fund the R2 by selling off excess R1 track and points. R3 will take more investment of money and time, a project for next year. In the meantime I will be able to keep the trains running.
So how many R2s do you think you'll need?

idlemarvel

13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Basically a circle (12) or a box as I think they come by the dozen. Are you about to make me an offer I can't refuse? :)

idlemarvel

13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
I do not know if this will help but trainli used to have R3 curves and switches and this r3 is really 3 foot radius. Note also that the LGB 3 way switch is LGB R1 and R2 curves.
Thanks Dan sorry I didn't acknowledge your input earlier. Yes Train-Line-45 still do 3 ft (900mm) curves and points which I might consider in the long term instead of or as well as R3.

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
Best answers
Country flag
Basically a circle (12) or a box as I think they come by the dozen. Are you about to make me an offer I can't refuse? :)
Let me have a look in the garage Dave. I'll get back to you, tomorrow perhaps.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
OK, can we talk pensions while he's gone ? :D

John Carmichael

Registered
16 Dec 2019
Tucson Arizona USA
Best answers
Country flag
Why don't you use LGB Flex Track? Then you can make the best curves that fit your situation.

just a thought...

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
Best answers
Country flag
PM about to be sent Dave.

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
Best answers
Country flag

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I am sure Mike, will be happy to talk about re-distribution of your lump-sums.. :giggle::giggle: