Polystyrene box building and rail built buffer stops

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
The 'hovel' looks very good, but will deteriorate as fast as hovels do! ;):giggle:

DO NOT be tempted to unwrap/move your concrete creation for at least three-days.. - It will end in tears, and a tube of No-More-Nails!
Even then, be very gentle with it.. :nod::nod::nod:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Yes much better to cast in site if you are of a of an impatient disposition, listen to uncle Phill. He knows what he is talking about, likely from bitter experience!

Portsladepete

Registered
2 Jun 2020
England
Best answers
Country flag
I have a confession, prior to Phil’s warning, I slid the platform onto a bodyboard , moved it to site and slid it off into prepared position. Other than a possible hernia, it went well. I only got the good advice after allowing my impatience to get the better of me, got away with it this time hopefully.

Attachments

• 88614C4C-F579-4928-9EC4-642882A28EFC.jpeg
    88614C4C-F579-4928-9EC4-642882A28EFC.jpeg
    933 KB · Views: 0

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I have a confession, prior to Phil’s warning, I slid the platform onto a bodyboard , moved it to site and slid it off into prepared position. Other than a possible hernia, it went well. I only got the good advice after allowing my impatience to get the better of me, got away with it this time hopefully.
Yes you could quite easily have cast that in situ!

Portsladepete

Registered
2 Jun 2020
England
Best answers
Country flag
Had no idea what it would turn out like, this being my first and probably last concrete adventure.
My thinking was that if it was a disaster, I wouldn’t be digging it back out.
Anyway, it looks ok to me, the blocks are covering what will be some sort of road for access to the halt. I will have to wait for the building kits, in the meantime, there are quite a few things I want to have a go at.