Pola Hammerstein station halt kit 330895

Gavin Sowry

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
My question is this. There are some signs supplied with the kit which aren't pictured or described in the kit documentation. One is obviously a station name sign, ........
'Brett McBain ordered this sign, but he didn't say what he wanted on it'

'Station, ...... I said, put Station on it'

Quote from one of my favourite films (and actresses).

C

ColinK

Registered
14 Apr 2017
Lancaster
Looks fantastic, especially the rust effect.

I had one of these buildings on my garden railway. There was no room for it on the new indoor version, but I needed a hut. By sawing off the open bit with the seat, you are left with a nice lineside hut.

102790_38bda0429137c5050ad8b283d2ff9a80.jpeg

C

ColinK

Registered
14 Apr 2017
Lancaster
The half not used for the hut in the photo above has now been made into a triangular shaped building to go against the backscene.

103820_6f130fe2c55252bc36688edc406c4c5e.jpeg

Reactions: dunnyrail
dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
The half not used for the hut in the photo above has now been made into a triangular shaped building to go against the backscene.

View attachment 242355
Great out of the box use of the left overs. Be good to see a pic of it in place sometime. What you going to do with the rest, another corner piece with a scratch built front and side?

C

ColinK

Registered
14 Apr 2017
Lancaster
Hi, I’ll attach a photo when it is in place. That’s quite a challenge to see what I can do with the few remaining bits! I like a challenge.

Martino

Martino

Kit bashing, The UK narrow gauge, The GWR, Aviatio
A very nice structure. I have to confess at first glance I thought the thread title was Hammersmith Station!

MaybachMD

MaybachMD

Registered
18 May 2018
Bromley, Kent
More inspiration from this great forum. I bought the Hammerstein kit for my Rugen themed line. I wanted it ro be largely enclosed so I replaced the back panel with plastic sheet and fitted it to the front. I added a door so it is a little like the shelter at Wiek and other locations on the line from Bergen Rugen.
i Hope photos Show what i have done. Great value Building.

Attachments

Reactions: Parkdesigner