New Pola Station Building replaces Piko one at Magdesprung EDIT SOME REPAIRS after 2 years outside.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
So the Pola Building has been doing a little "self returning to original kit stuff". Mostly it jas been Barg Boards, gutters and downpipes moving.,despite my best efforts I also noticed that the Back had droppd some on ine side indicated by the wood blobes between the ground and first floor being out of sync. Never took a pic of that and for the moment held back in place by carp.

However the other jibs were mostly done yesterday and I have embarked upon a reglue and mechanical ways of holding bits on.

Below can be seen the Downpipe which has a small length of Brass Wire stufed in it, a similar hole in the too piece with Pipeweld on the Wire when pushed together should hold all in place. A subtle bend also helps.
image.jpeg
The Downpipe has also been given a wire holder that is pushed into a small hole in the end of the building.
image.jpeg
The top of the Downpipe has a piece of wire that gos through and bends into the gutter. Hopefully this will keep things together till the gutter falls off again!image.jpeg
One of the Bargeboards as seen,mit fell apart in my hand indication that the plastic is probably not too good in UV light. Also seen is my Pinvice with the No.68 drill that I use for the wire.image.jpeg
The three parts have been glued back with Pipeweld and a small 7 of wire pushed through into a hole drilled in the roof. These will be pretty well invisible from normal viewing distance once the weather has got at themimage.jpeg
Seen from a distance but still close up view.image.jpeg
Finaly the rear Chimney had fallen off so the same fix as applied to the gutters was used. image.jpeg
When I pull the buildingbout to attend to the sides I will need to look at securing the Gutters better as well. So much for some of the external glues that come with kits!

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
So When I removed the Station from its base this morning it fell to pretty much the kit of parts that I bought it as. I wonder why, the thing was put together in my normal way with pretty good glue and the inside joints all glugged up with Silocone Sealer. I just wonder if it was all not up to the extremes of Cold we had last Winter. Certainly then was when I noticed small bits falling off. Anyway the complete thing has been rebuilt with bits of wire to mechanically strengthen as many joints as possible together with UHU and Silicone Sealer on all the joints that failed. Pevercly some parts have fared ok and resisted being pulled apart! Next winter perhaps?

Two pics showing the bits.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
Above you can see some of the wires that I have used to put it back together, once weathered they should be pretty well impossible to see. I have done all the main building joints and some of the roof sections pretty much the same way. The thin nickel wire is around an inch long with a very short bend on the outside and an easier bend inside to hold in place with some friction. Fingers crossed!

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Use more glue Jon. the gaps need to oose it.

Reactions: 1 user