Playmobil and our weather?

nicebutdim

Registered
14 Dec 2009
Sunny Surrey (Ha)
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all. I've just had a Playmobil station thrown at me from ebay, so that the kids can enjoy some of the railway too :rolleyes: . Can I ask the members on here about their experience with Playmobil buildings with their resilience to the weather; do they fade in the sun and such?
I didn't think I would like it that much as it's (obviously) very toy like, but since putting it together I've realised it's not too bad at all, and a tenner for a longish platform, canopy and a ton of bits has really made my day! Now I'm worried if I put it outside that it might end up ruined. I know it could be brought in when the railway isn't being used, but eventually by the time everything has been set up to run the railway, it'll be time to start bringing it all in again.

Many thanks, Tim

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
nicebutdim said:
Hi all. I've just had a Playmobil station thrown at me from ebay, so that the kids can enjoy some of the railway too :rolleyes: . Can I ask the members on here about their experience with Playmobil buildings with their resilience to the weather; do they fade in the sun and such?
I didn't think I would like it that much as it's (obviously) very toy like, but since putting it together I've realised it's not too bad at all, and a tenner for a longish platform, canopy and a ton of bits has really made my day! Now I'm worried if I put it outside that it might end up ruined. I know it could be brought in when the railway isn't being used, but eventually by the time everything has been set up to run the railway, it'll be time to start bringing it all in again.

Many thanks, Tim

In my admittedly limited experience of Playmobil I have come to regard their products as pretty much bomb and weather proof. I have had track outdoors for over 2 yrs and it is 'as new'.
No doubt Walter can set your mind at rest.

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
My kids railway playmobile stuff nearly lives outside (very naughty I know) and none of it is any the worse for it... apart from a few baddies who got buried during a game and didn't come to ligth till next years spuds were lifted. They were a bit muddy and fed up.

nicebutdim

Registered
14 Dec 2009
Sunny Surrey (Ha)
Best answers
Country flag
CoggesRailway said:
My kids railway playmobile stuff nearly lives outside (very naughty I know) and none of it is any the worse for it... apart from a few baddies who got buried during a game and didn't come to ligth till next years spuds were lifted. They were a bit muddy and fed up.

:happy:
Thanks for your replies, I feel a little more at ease at leaving it out there now. I may even be a little tempted to buy a couple more bits for the 'kids' to play with now.

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
hi mate...hw are u/ no time and no hear so by the way hw is yr passegar coaches tht i weathering for u whiles back ago? are they still outside?.......

nicebutdim

Registered
14 Dec 2009
Sunny Surrey (Ha)
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Steve, not too bad thanks, just getting over a bout of man flu! The coach body is still serving great as my main station building, it vanished under snow for a little while but reappeared recently. Hope you are ok, Tim

West is Best

Registered
28 Dec 2009
" Somewhere on Planet Earth "
Best answers
[align=left]Hi Tim [/align] [align=left]It is very durable, evan little datail parts. If you ever find yourself in the[/align] [align=left] [/align] [align=left]East Midlands, in particular Leicestershire come and look at the CFR, we[/align] [align=left] [/align] [align=left]a large display given over to Playmobile, From boats, to dockside and[/align] [align=left] [/align] [align=left]construction cranes, all fully working, police stations, hospitals and office's.[/align] [align=left] [/align] [align=left]A large construction site, Aeroplanes and helicopters and a airport, [/align] [align=left] [/align] [align=left]we even had a crashed aeroplane in the embankment,[/align] [align=left] [/align] [align=left]and boy did we get in to trouble with that. It's all been out since early [/align] [align=left] [/align] [align=left]spring, so it has had strong heat rays from the sun and of coarse the snow[/align] [align=left] [/align] [align=left]and frost, some days it's been aswarm as -8, still as good as when it was [/align] [align=left] [/align] [align=left]put out.[/align]