PIKO Jackson Sharp type coaches

A

Alco K28

Hi folks,
My first post do please be gentle !
I’m struggling a tad with tracking down decent (1:22.5) Jackson Sharp coaches. eBay isn’t really playing ball, and even following a couple of calls to Bachmann, I’m not really any wiser as to the scale of their ‘Big Hauler’ JS coaches. My local model shop is happy to order them in if they are the correct scale, but I will have to point the airbrush at them as the livery I require isn’t available.
So, getting to the point of my post....the PIKO offerings are to the correct scale, but around 1/2 the length of what I believe to be the real thing. I’m happy to cut and shut a pair to get the length, but before I commit to anything, is anyone out there running these coaches? Is the quality ok? Do they look ok in their present length?

A

Alco K28

That looks very nice. I have done a lot of etched brass kit building in 0 gauge fs, so I know my way around and where to find castings etc. I have been away from the garden scene for over 10 years and it’s like I have never been here!! The roof possibly looks like the only difficult part to shape, and it would be nice to build something that I can actually see without a magnifying glass....

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
The Bachman JS's have 12 windows, the full size has I think 17, so really well short, but as we don't travel real size distances they seem to get away with it for the most part. My thread on 're-branding' them shows what six look like in a string.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Hi folks,
My first post do please be gentle !
I’m struggling a tad with tracking down decent (1:22.5) Jackson Sharp coaches. eBay isn’t really playing ball, and even following a couple of calls to Bachmann, I’m not really any wiser as to the scale of their ‘Big Hauler’ JS coaches. My local model shop is happy to order them in if they are the correct scale, but I will have to point the airbrush at them as the livery I require isn’t available.
So, getting to the point of my post....the PIKO offerings are to the correct scale, but around 1/2 the length of what I believe to be the real thing. I’m happy to cut and shut a pair to get the length, but before I commit to anything, is anyone out there running these coaches? Is the quality ok? Do they look ok in their present length?
I think the only issue with lengthening the coaches would be the overhang on the curves - probably OK if R3 is a minimum on your layout.

The Accy JS coaches don't scream as being out of place on 8 ft diameter curves :nod::nod:

A

Alco K28

Hi G-Force 1,
Do you have a link to your thread please?

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
Hi G-Force 1,
Do you have a link to your thread please?
Just below yours in Rolling Stock., Passenger. Bachmann Jackson Sharp Coaches re-branding.

Reactions: 1 user
A

Alco K28

Reactions: 1 user