Piko #36220 Sound Unit

R

RkyGriz

Registered
13 Feb 2019
Silver Springs, Nevada
Well,I'm at it again. Spending money on a train...such a bad habit. I couldn't help myself. I really couldn't. I found the ultimate deal on the Piko #36220 DCC/Analog sound system on Ebay. $155.00 brand new ,and out the door. I've been playing with my Piko camelback, and I really like it. A lot. It's a good puller,(factory installed #36220)and the Piko sound is excellent. Much better than the #36221 analog version.Plus, it has the smoke unit regulator built into the board.I bought a Seuthe 5 smoke generator for $22.00 on Ebay, which compares well with the Piko smoke unit.So, since Ebay is currently running a 13% cash back deal on all purchases made through their phone app, I decided to go for it. Requires a minimum purchase amount of $25.00, and you have to use the phone app to get the 13%. You get 8% back on the website .This is going in my Piko 0-6-0 Santa Fe switcher.I kind of thought about throwing the sound system in my LGB Mogul,but I might run into issues that I may not be able to resolve. The guy at Shourtline advised me to rip out all of the electronics from my LGB Mogul,including the tender,when I talked to him about it a couple of months ago.Hence my concern over installing the sound system in that loco/tender. It's going to be a while before I receive the #36220.I'll keep you posted as to how it works out!

Last edited:
P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
There are worse habits than spending your hard earned on trains, it's just thathat the wife doesn't know any!

idlemarvel

idlemarvel

Registered
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Is there a pool of such like minded (and wealthy) women somewhere? :)

• Haha
Reactions: RkyGriz