PIKO 0-4-0 remote control loco.

Leflick

Registered
31 May 2020
Hornchurch, Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Just bought this loco from East Coast Models, from a set. £185 including postage. It runs on 4 aaa batteries, included, and a remote control that’s smaller than my car key fob!
Runs beautifully. The cost of a radio control set to convert my LGB Otto, £180. I wonder if Piko components are available 008EA219-907E-4F2D-885C-F71EA0B8961B.jpegseparately?

Reactions: 1 user
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, there was a furor when the model was released, then the battery model, and finally when the remote control system was available separately.

A simple visit to the Piko site would sate your curiosity.

Greg

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
Just bought this loco from East Coast Models, from a set. £185 including postage. I wonder if Piko components are available separately?
This is one possibility.
They stock a fair bit of other Piko G scale stuff.
No connection other than a satisfied customer.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
This is one possibility.
They stock a fair bit of other Piko G scale stuff.
No connection other than a satisfied customer.
I have had a couple of sets from Topslots and one set already powers one of my Railcars. Link to my post on this.

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Just bought this loco from East Coast Models, from a set. £185 including postage. It runs on 4 aaa batteries, included, and a remote control that’s smaller than my car key fob!
Runs beautifully. The cost of a radio control set to convert my LGB Otto, £180. I wonder if Piko components are available View attachment 300670separately?
I am waiting for one to be delivered, hopefully it will be here for this weekends running session.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I have the track cleaner version which I upgraded with the keyfob remote control.

Note that it uses 6 AAA batteries. I'm using rechargables for mine and I brought another Piko battery holder from Gaugemaster. Strikalite also make a battery pack although I think it needs bulking out as it is slightly smaller than the Piko holder....

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
I have the track cleaner version which I upgraded with the keyfob remote control.

Note that it uses 6 AAA batteries. I'm using rechargables for mine and I brought another Piko battery holder from Gaugemaster. Strikalite also make a battery pack although I think it needs bulking out as it is slightly smaller than the Piko holder....
Gizzy, I have 16 AAA 1100mah batteries arriving tomorrow. I will make sure that they are all fully charged and ready for the locomotive.

Last edited:

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
I now have three of the Piko 25T battery powered Switching locomotives, two are RC the other is the track cleaner. I have also invested in more AAA 1100Mah batteries (36), enough for a full day running session.