Peckforton sawmill

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
What Garden railways magazine do you need? I believe I have a reprint of the one that shows how to fit the interior if you heed it, Bill
¿que?

Rik

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
Decided to take 1.6mm (ie four brick courses) off the bottom. I think it looks better. Just trying to decide whether to take another couple of courses off at the top.
file.php

file.php

file.php

I know they say, "measure twice and cut once", but I decided to make the water tower while I was away in France. I had just enough foamboard with me to make it and so pressed on, guessing the dimensions. In an ideal world, I could have made a cereal cardboard mock-up first, but the PLR is a bit like Topsy ..... things get added as the fancy takes me - there is no master-plan.

Rik

Reactions: 1 users

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
Just been experimenting with a smoke unit for the boiler house, following the excellent guidance on Dave Bodnar's website - Smoke from E-Cigarettes d

Many thanks to gregh gregh for alerting me to this info.

Not quite there yet - it's a balance between getting a good amount of smoke and making sure it's projected upwards. This video is unlisted as it's onlyexperimental so far - will post a public one when I'm satisfied with the outcome.

Rik

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
First stage of the painting process now finished. Bit more tweaking and weathering to be done, once this lot has hardened off a bit. Also, want to do something to the interior of the boiler house - nothing fancy, just something to glimpse through the windows.

IMG_7940.JPG
IMG_7941.JPG
IMG_7943.JPG
IMG_7944.JPG
Rik

Reactions: 1 user