trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
The latest instalment of the line's history ....

Rik
Lovely stuff! Particularly, I found the 1930's figures, and how they were obtained, truly amazing . Well done!

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Lovely stuff! Particularly, I found the 1930's figures, and how they were obtained, truly amazing . Well done!
Yes. It was a longshot, but I thought it was worth asking. Firstly, Dean was enthusiastic about coming to do the scanning and then I had ten volunteers from the Am Drams willing to come and dress up. I've just been negotiating with Dean to come over in the new year for another scanning visit. This time, well dig out some Victorian and Edwardian costumes as well as interwar outfits.

In some ways, it was a pity he couldn't come just before our most recent play - the House of Frankenstein. We hired quite a few costumes for the cast which included Count Dracula, a female vampire, Quasimodo, a werewolf, the Phantom of the Opera (aka P.O.O.), and various other weird and wonderful characters. It was a comedy btw.

Rik

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
As ever Rio, very interesting to see how things change over time. Then and now stuff is always interesting and it often surprises me when I look through the build of my line how different things are now. You do have a way of doing things not least must be how well organised you are at keeping your Vid clips. I also wonder do you use the Garage during operating sessions as another place to send wagons?

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
As ever Rio, very interesting to see how things change over time. Then and now stuff is always interesting and it often surprises me when I look through the build of my line how different things are now. You do have a way of doing things not least must be how well organised you are at keeping your Vid clips. I also wonder do you use the Garage during operating sessions as another place to send wagons?
Not thought of that. There is a link missing from the station to the canal basin so this could be used. However, I would then lose it as a long siding in the goods yard - unless I widen the board again......:)

Rik (aka Rio)

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Not thought of that. There is a link missing from the station to the canal basin so this could be used. However, I would then lose it as a long siding in the goods yard - unless I widen the board again......:)

Rik (aka Rio)
Actually it is not an unknown issue to have to move stock out of the way to access another part of a long siding, more shunting so no extra siding required unless you really feel the need.

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Actually it is not an unknown issue to have to move stock out of the way to access another part of a long siding, more shunting so no extra siding required unless you really feel the need.
I find shunting one of the more pleasing parts of the hobby, but then I like puzzles so almost any type of shunting or reason for shunting keeps me happy :)

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
Part two of the Year Long video saga. BTW - you'll see that March was filmed during a blizzard - oh such dedication (aka stupidity!)

Rik

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Lovely looking engine

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
This was the first chance I've had this year to run a full operating session - either the weather has been against it or, when the weather was OK, I was busy doing other things. Anyhow - here's the first part of the extracts from the session. Hope you like it.

Rik

Reactions: 1 users