Old new member

MaybachMD

Registered
18 May 2018
Bromley, Kent
Best answers
Country flag
I feel a bit sheepish about posting in this thread as I have been a member for some time now and have replied to a couple of other threads. I think I should step forward and belatedly introduce myself.
I came to LGB via 16mm live steam on 32mm track. I built my first 32mm line in the early 90s and have always been interested 2 foot gauge prototypes. I built my second 32mm layout in my present house in the late 90s. It was used less and less until I had a replacement hip fitted in 2009. Unable to do much in the garden while I recovered, the line became overgrown, derelict and forgotten about.
In 2013 I went on a long holiday to Austria intent on visiting some narrow gauge lines. I was immediately hooked on 2095s and 2091s. When I returned from holiday i found that LGB made both these locos. A friend gave me some lengths of Peco G45 and a couple of points. I took up some Peco SM32 laid the G45 and was hooked. The 45mm gauge was so much more stable and reliable and I was fed up trying to coax live steam round the garden .All the SM32 and 32mm stock was sold and I rebuilt the railway initially with Austrian stock, then a couple of Corpet Louvet tanks, following a holiday in France and visits to French metre gauge lines. Most recently the LGB Vik has led me off to East Germany and disposal of some of the Austrian stock. I like black and red locos with green coaches.
I visited Switzerland for the first time a couple of weeks ago and travelled on the Rhb and many other metre gauge lines and am in danger of selling everything and becoming entirely Swiss. I am fighting this but want to get some Swiss stock, although I feel obliged to grapple with catenary. Some more Austrian stock will be sold I think
I really enjoy playing with trains outside. My main interest is 7mm fine scale which I have in the loft but LGB is as much if not more fun. I run it on DCC using the ESU ECOS which also runs the loft layout. There are a couple of videos of my line on YouTube if you search Kiefernholzbahn.
I have learnt a lot looking at the posts on the Forum. It is a valuable resource.

Reactions: 1 users

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Hello and welcome to the madness
Mix and match is fine with me
I run swiss one day austrian the next
D.R. or corpets as i feel...enjoy!

MaybachMD

Registered
18 May 2018
Bromley, Kent
Best answers
Country flag
I agree with the sentiment. My problem is the diminishing size of my wallet and storage space. LGB takes up a lot of room. I need to develop some space efficient storage.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to GSC (or welcome to active particpation in it, anyway!).....
As Mike says, run whatever you like, and mix it up as much as you want - it's YOUR railway! :)

Jon.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I agree with the sentiment. My problem is the diminishing size of my wallet and storage space. LGB takes up a lot of room. I need to develop some space efficient storage.
:devil::devil::devil::devil:

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome back Maybach....