Old member - back in the game...

jimmielx

45mm gauge track - approx 16mm scale (1:19)
24 Oct 2009
Hastings, UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
I've been a member for many years and used to post a little, I've been lurking again for a whole but haven't posted for ages. A child and a drawn out house move got in the way, but since work has been quieter than usual over the last year for obvious reasons, I took the opportunity to expedite my new railway. The line has been running since last spring and I've had a bit of time to do some modelling as well so I'll try to post about all that and get back into enjoying the forum.

I run something like SM45, so very roughly 16mm scale on 45mm gauge (LGB) track. It's a British narrow gauge line, some where in the Great Western region. The imagined company looks to GWR stock for inspiration and sizes down with a very elastic ruler accordingly. I run fully automated with block detection and computer control.

I'll start a thread about my current build project in the scratch building forum, and at some point will post about the automation, but just wanted to check in here first.

James

Reactions: 1 users

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome back, I don't suppose things have changed much on here, good modelling, but bl**dy awful jokes

Reactions: 1 user

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome back. Looking forward to piccies and some details of your automation setup.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Good to see you back James....

jimmielx

45mm gauge track - approx 16mm scale (1:19)
24 Oct 2009
Hastings, UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Thank you all!

Reactions: 1 user