Obtaining missing PIKO parts - any experience?

OBBherr

Registered
17 Aug 2016
Hampshire, UK
Best answers
Country flag
I just opened up a PIKO kit, still sealed from Top SlotsnTrains. There is a key part missing. I know I haven't mislaid it because it should be in the (still sealed) plastic bag.

I have attemtpted to conatct PIKO by email to obtain the missing part, but have recieved no response. I sent the emai in Englsih and German.

Does anyone have any advice or experience that may be relevant to the situation?

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I have only contacted them once, and almost believed they had not received the email..

But once in a 'conversation' responses were timely.

PhilP

OBBherr

Registered
17 Aug 2016
Hampshire, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for that. Did the conversation start as a result of your email or did you have to call them? My German isn’t up to a phone call! Also did they sort you out?

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
It took about eight days, to get a response to a 'support' email..

Once we were communicating, response were timely, and yes, I was able to obtain the spares I required.

PhilP

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
I just opened up a PIKO kit, still sealed from Top SlotsnTrains. There is a key part missing. I know I haven't mislaid it because it should be in the (still sealed) plastic bag.

I have attemtpted to conatct PIKO by email to obtain the missing part, but have recieved no response. I sent the emai in Englsih and German.

Does anyone have any advice or experience that may be relevant to the situation?
Contact the supplier and get them to chase it up.

OBBherr

Registered
17 Aug 2016
Hampshire, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the insight Phil, I'll give them a couple more days and follow up. No idea what effect post-Brexit arrangments will have on this; I notice that their online shop doesn't ship outside the EU. I guess I can ask them to ship to Gaugemaster as their UK distributor.

OBBherr

Registered
17 Aug 2016
Hampshire, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Just received a reply from Piko. As suspected they will ship to Gaugemaster with their next shipment. Clear reply in English.

DickyC

(BZB Mountain Railway)
26 Jul 2017
Rural Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
Wow, im still waiting two weeks now for a reply from Piko and not had ! I avoid Gaugemaster as their prices even for dealer way too high ! cheaper to buy from abroad from a German retailer, Bruxtits customs now working ticky boo and items still much much cheaper direct and with "courier handling fees".

OBBherr

Registered
17 Aug 2016
Hampshire, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Intresting. I emailed the hotline@piko.de on Monday and received a reply from the export sales department (Anne-Kathrin Leimert). Agree with you about Gaugemaster pricing, that why I miss Topslots so much. I've ordered a few things from Germany (and one from Austria) over the last few months and it does seem as if the intial post-Brexit blues have been banished. Still a few German sites that won't ship to UK at all, and not all that I've looked at are clear about whether they ship net of local VAT/MwST/whatever.

DickyC

(BZB Mountain Railway)
26 Jul 2017
Rural Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
very interesting, mine was a technical issue on a H0 train I purchased from a german dealer a couple of weeks ago, will try again.

Main problem im finding from German is that all the dealers use DHL express... lots of email and update on tracking until it crosses the Dover gap and is passed onto its "partner"........Parcelforce......:cry:.... The email updates stop and they send out "letters in the post" about customs charges..(how this company exists in the 2020s i dont know) After complaining to parcelforce found out you can ignor the "letter" which can take a week to arrive, Get a tracking number and turn up at your local depot and pay the charges there and then and collect.