pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
I just received mine (luckily HRH was at the hairdressers :cool: ) and a serious bit of kit it is too. Well engineered and superbly packed, I'm delighted and am sure it will look the perfect part once assembled and put in place. :clap:
Compared to other model bridges, either plastic or metal, I think it is excellent value.
Just a shame it is too cold out in the workshop to start spraying and assembling.
Has anyone else got one and want to add some remarks?

New Haven Neil

trains bikes camping kayaking red wine.....more tr
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Somewhere along the line, I missed out on the fact he was actually going to make them available..... bah!:(

nygma

Registered
31 Oct 2010
Budapest, Hungary
Best answers
New Haven Neil said:
Somewhere along the line, I missed out on the fact he was actually going to make them available..... bah!:(

Thanks for the comments. Yes, I made it available as kit. I contacted everyone in a private who expressed interest in the original thread. But it is never too late.

New Haven Neil

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
My bad!! PM sent!

Cheers

Neil

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Can anyone give me the name of a decent glue to use? I'm rubbish at soldering, welding or anything but drinking!
Ta mates,
Ian
:D

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Well whaddya know, they won't/can't send it by plane and we only have airmail from Blighty. 'Kin typical, even Maplins wouldn't send me an accu.

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
pugwash said:
Well whaddya know, they won't/can't send it by plane and we only have airmail from Blighty. 'Kin typical, even Maplins wouldn't send me an accu.

I know what you mean - we must have more ships treading water between mainland UK and Ireland than most countries surrounded by water - anything presurised, pasteurised, bast**dised or otherwise won't be sent across in case the carrier uses airfreight. What I want to know is how the foreign (UK et all) glues and solvents gets here. What does get here is sold at Irish retail prices (think of a number and double it, then add just a bit more in case).

And Maplins? Not in stock here, order from UK and pay 21% vat. Makes me mad (or is that madder than I already am?).

Mick

Alexander0654

Registered
26 Dec 2009
Schoeneck, France
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Ian,

I assume you tried Google.de and got the same results as I did-all UK apart from a Canadian distributor ( as much use as a Chocolate Tea Pot ).
If you can wait until Monday I will ask my German Engineers. There must be something available over here. Aircraft are made in main land Europe and they are held together with glue and rivets :happy:

Regards

Alex

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Oh I found one in Holland, delivers to Holland, Britain and Flanders. How's that for a teapot?
I E-mailed Bond Loc to ask for an European distributor, so roll on monday.

New Haven Neil

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
I'm going to be needing some of that in the new year.... :D

nygma

Registered
31 Oct 2010
Budapest, Hungary
Best answers
Ian,

When I bought this I though that this is some special steel glue. But when I read the label it seems that it glues just about anything. So I am thinking if any two part adhesive would do or not...

Cheers,
Csongor

spike

It's me
24 Oct 2009
Upper Drakes Bottom
www.weathersatellite.info
Best answers
Country flag
pugwash said:
Oh I found one in Holland, delivers to Holland, Britain and Flanders. How's that for a teapot?
I E-mailed Bond Loc to ask for an European distributor, so roll on monday.

RS supply Worldwide and have the usual range of adhesives.

http://be02.rs-online.com/web/

nygma

Registered
31 Oct 2010
Budapest, Hungary
Best answers
I have been busy putting more plans in CAD. It is far from complete but shows how it might look like one day.

lattice_all_01.png

lattice_all_02.png

lattice_all_03.png

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Oooooooh, can I swap?

nygma

Registered
31 Oct 2010
Budapest, Hungary
Best answers
pugwash said:
Oooooooh, can I swap?
It is far from complete, and I am afraid that there will be substantial price difference.

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
That doesn't surprise me, although the one I bought was relatively cheap.
Just out of curiosity how long is the Mk II bridge going to be? My garden is only about thirty metres long but I can't play with it all :crying:.

nygma

Registered
31 Oct 2010
Budapest, Hungary
Best answers
pugwash said:
That doesn't surprise me, although the one I bought was relatively cheap.
Just out of curiosity how long is the Mk II bridge going to be? My garden is only about thirty metres long but I can't play with it all :crying:.
The middle section is 1.5 m (curved chord) and 1 m long sections (straight chord) on each side.