Best answers
:clap:

UKSGR

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Bournemouth
Best answers
Country flag
I was in Bournemouth model railways yesterday and they still have 2 of the green version in stock if anyone is after 1. Back home to the sunshine today:clap:

Andy Worsfold

G Scale Railways</br>Disney</br>The Prisoner
24 Oct 2009
Havant
Best answers
And I :clap:got mine from twojags!

p.williams

staying alive
16 May 2011
west london
Best answers
Got one yesterday and an Emily's coach - thanks to Jeremy @ dragon G scale.
My last experience of bachmann was one of their trams, growlely gearbox, wobbely wheels ect.-
makes a fantastic ornament.The lyn is a vast improvement . nearly as quiet as a german. the coupling change to loop + hook took longer than fitting the chip.

my only complaint being the length of the couplings. still-if i want it to go round radius 1 curves....

finally, could some kind sole tell me if the headlight and smoke unit can be turned on digitaly (Jeremy supplied a Trainsave decoder) and will the smoke unit be damaged if it is 'on' with no smoke oil ?

pete

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Picked mine up today. What an absolutely outstanding model for the money!!!!

Just one question - there's what looks like some sort of pump on top of the left hand water tank. What is it and what is it for?

indiahussar

Registered
31 Dec 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Has anyone repainted their new loco to the old L & B Holly Green colour scheme yet ?.

James.

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
J2s said:
yb281 said:
... some sort of pump on top of the left hand water tank. What is it and what is it for?

Is it a mechanical lubricator?
Don't know mate. I'll try and take a pic of it tomorrow.

garrymartin

My Family,Railways, Beer and the Seaside
30 Oct 2009
Now Derbyshire !
Best answers
Country flag
I'd always assumed it was a pump for taking water from lakes , streams & such, it only appears on the industrial varients. I've often thought of trying to fabricate some lengths of hose to carry on my mk 1 loco,perhaps one day I will.

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Wilts Drifting toward the RhB,plate tectonics rock
Best answers
Country flag
Use single core black mains cable for hoses so you can bend it to drape around fittings and it will stay in shape. Put a small collar on one end by drilling out a piece of model kit sprue to simulate the connector and a larger one on the other end as the filter that got dropped in the stream.

garrymartin

My Family,Railways, Beer and the Seaside
30 Oct 2009
Now Derbyshire !
Best answers
Country flag
PaulRhB said:
Use single core black mains cable for hoses so you can bend it to drape around fittings and it will stay in shape. Put a small collar on one end by drilling out a piece of model kit sprue to simulate the connector and a larger one on the other end as the filter that got dropped in the stream.

Good idea Paul, its now on the to do list !

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
The footplate hosepipe that is stowed on the fireman's side of the cab of my pannier tank is made from bell wire covered in heat-shrink as suggested above.

b01421b488fe4e769a43deb60bd8ead9.jpg

p.williams

staying alive
16 May 2011
west london
Best answers
yb281 said:

Just one question - there's what looks like some sort of pump on top of the left hand water tank. What is it and what is it for?
can't see anything unusual on the top of 'Lyn's side tanks - only the water-filler,

might be an injector each side underneath the tanks though.

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
p.williams said:
yb281 said:

can't see anything unusual on the top of 'Lyn's side tanks - only the water-filler,

might be an injector each side underneath the tanks though.
Mine is the black generic US version. I think that the previous posts describing the fitting as a water pump have provided the most likely answer.

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
I got my Baldwin for Christmas and have converted it to run with a battery RC wagon. The full story is here;
http://www.gscalecentral.net/m125026-p28

As far as the loco is concerned - absolutely outstanding value for money. Top marks to Bachmann. :clap::clap:

SDJR7F88

Registered
24 Mar 2016
West Country
Best answers
Sorry to resurrect this topic, as it were, but just acquired a the 91199 version in Lined Green, must say it really is a superb model, but I have a few questions.
First of all the little card tag on the smokebox door, bit of a silly question, but do I just pull, cut or remove the builders plate to get it off? (Just though I'd ask so I don't break anything)
Second, can the smoke box door be easily removed? I've seen many people replace the US style door with the UK version and would possibly like to do so myself. I've had a little look, and it seems the door panel slides off, though the switches all seem to be connected to it. I didn't want to pull any of the wires, so put it back on.
Any help would be great appreciated :)