Mrs Ferrysteam builds a railway.

Ferrysteam

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Co Durham
Best answers
[/quote]
Thought you said you bought it for the Mrs? Not that anyone else here would buy something for family/kids/friends/the labrador and then [STRIKE]play[/STRIKE] test it themselves. Oh no we wouldn't :D
If you see a thunderbolt over Luxembourg then you will know God reads this forum too :banghead:
[/quote]

It's like investing in driving lessons and then passing your driving test.It's the key to a lot of things.......:D

Ferrysteam

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Co Durham
Best answers
Of course it's nowhere near finished,there's more buildings etc to install and like most layouts will never really be completed.Like the station,all buildings etc will be made from bits and pieces.

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Mr Ferrysteam- Are you really a Jedi? I can't think of any other mind tricks that would work on my Mrs...

Ferrysteam

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Co Durham
Best answers
CoggesRailway said:
Mr Ferrysteam- Are you really a Jedi? I can't think of any other mind tricks that would work on my Mrs...

Yes I am.....Being married a long time usually helps........:rofl:

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
LOL.... I'm married 10 yrs this summer... but not a jedi yet!

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Ferrysteam said:
Of course it's nowhere near finished,there's more buildings etc to install and like most layouts will never really be completed.
All too true, but an ace start :clap:

C&S

Registered
3 Nov 2009
Best answers
What an excellent start. My only worry, on your behalf, is how you gain access to the middle and the station. Crawling under a baseboard becomes less and less fun as the years advance! Could you pull the whole thing away from the wall, to give more access to the far side, before you get much further with the construction I wonder?

Look forward to seeing progress with this one. What are your plans for future developments?

Ferrysteam

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Co Durham
Best answers
C&S said:
What an excellent start. My only worry, on your behalf, is how you gain access to the middle and the station. Crawling under a baseboard becomes less and less fun as the years advance! Could you pull the whole thing away from the wall, to give more access to the far side, before you get much further with the construction I wonder?

Look forward to seeing progress with this one. What are your plans for future developments?
Thanks for your interest Giles...Actually it's only twenty inches high so you can easily step over it...The narrowest part is only thirteen inches wide.The full length is 10' long x 7' wide.It shows that even with a small space you can still have a garden railway.Signalbox next,made by Helen of course.

C&S

Registered
3 Nov 2009
Best answers
A step-over; that's a relief! Look forward to seeing the signal box in due course. What's the origin of the station; don't think I've seen one like that before.

Ferrysteam

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Co Durham
Best answers
C&S said:
A step-over; that's a relief! Look forward to seeing the signal box in due course. What's the origin of the station; don't think I've seen one like that before.

Helen made it from some IKEA storage boxes I no longer needed.It's just freelance.

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Is her Helenship open to orders? I can't seem to get my Helgaship to do more than weeding. And moaning, of course :D

Ferrysteam

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Co Durham
Best answers
Funny enough,I was thinking of renting her out,I need a new engine....:rofl:

annieshalt

garden railways
24 Oct 2009
CLEVELAND
Best answers
do you a swap allan , my line needs a good builder....:clap:

Ferrysteam

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Co Durham
Best answers
annieshalt said:
do you a swap allan , my line needs a good builder....:clap:

Ok, but I want a couple of coaches as well.....:happy:

Steve

I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was b
1 Jan 1970
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Best answers
Country flag
You northern lad know how to barter :D

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Ferrysteam said:
Steve said:
You northern lad know how to barter :D

We have to Steve,we're all skint.....:D

And it's all we've got to barter with, by gum!

Ferrysteam

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Co Durham
Best answers
Evening all,
Well,here's the second building for Helen's Frog and Ferret railway,built by her own hand of course.

67e3502b23184e99b7b608ea69eff4e9.jpg

Ferrysteam

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Co Durham
Best answers
yb281 said:
Oh what a smashing signal box. Is it made from a kit, or scratch built?

It started off as one of these a week ago.

4385f133a42f4a139bfc1b1827ad7cb0.jpg