More on signals operated by trains

dumpy

Registered
8 Nov 2009
Threshfield, nr Skipton
Best answers
Since we have been talking signals operated by trains etc I thought I would add how I have achieved this. There may be other ways of doing it but this works for me.
I have a passing loop in a station. Train 1 arrives and stops. In so doing it alters the points and signals for next train to go into passing loop. This in turn alters the points and signals and releases train 1 to continue.
I have attempted to show this by splitting the circuit into 3 parts.
Part 1 is the point activation with reed switches
Part 2 is the stopping and starting the trains by means of dead sections
Part 3 is linking the signals into this.

b41c8330a34144dc9bc17c81d4140b23.jpg

e0c7249dca3844a5a3e860e33e5c687d.jpg

I have left part 3 cos its late and am not sure how legible these diagrams are so its a bit trial and error.
I could add a video clip of it in action if I knew how to add a video. Do I have to post a link to some website where I put the video?
These pictures seem to be pretty legible so will add signals on the morrow.

tramcar trev

all manner of mechanical apparatus...
22 Jan 2011
Canberra, Australia
trevs-tramway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Looks good to me, not that Im an expert its taken me months to get my system running.....My setup controls single track sections by stopping trams on passing loops if there is traffic on the single section traveling in either direction and the green is not shown untill the relay is tripped vias the old magnet swiping the reed trick..... I do need a signal module at each end of the single track and they are not interlocked so that its done on a first come first served basis....
Your system looks good to me though.

dumpy

Registered
8 Nov 2009
Threshfield, nr Skipton
Best answers
Here is my lighting circuit integrated into the above circuits
bb6f0cd7ee3b4ced98d52c38b16a8da5.jpg

Apologies for rather less than neat diagrams but this sort of thing is not my strong point. Indeed its first time I've done anything like this on here.

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
I have been using a similar system on my railway. However I do not have a point motor on the outgoing point. Just remove the motor & the trains will push the blades over as they leave the loop.