Massoth PC Module No Longer Available

shropshire lad

Registered
25 Jan 2010
Sunny Shropshire
Best answers
I'm looking at chipping my fleet with something more robust than the currently fitted CT Elektronik decoders.
Ideally I'd like to standardise what I use and was leaning towards using Massoth LS/XLS decoders.
Am I missing something or do Massoth no longer supply any way of programming/updating these decoders?
Cheers Colin

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Your missing something. The Massoth decoders you noted are all programmable.Either by your dealer or with the Massoth interface.

shropshire lad

Registered
25 Jan 2010
Sunny Shropshire
Best answers
Sorry didn't make myself clear, I'm not close to a Massoth dealer so I want to be able to program sounds and configurations at home. The interface is no longer available either from Massoth or any dealers who come up in a Google search

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
You beat me to it Mohammed, congrats on becoming a factory authorized Massoth outlet :)

shropshire lad

Registered
25 Jan 2010
Sunny Shropshire
Best answers
Thanks for the info gents and congrats to Mohammed on becoming a factory dealer.
I thought it was odd that the interface had been discontinued but the Massoth site doesn't make it clear that an updated one is incoming

Tim Brien

Registered
29 May 2011
Best answers
Awaiting the upgraded decoder programmer from Massoth, I downloaded the beta software for their programming module. I noticed that it recognises the old LGB 55045 programming module. I have not done a 'live' test, simply opening and trying to understand the software. I thought it odd that the now redundant Massoth programmer was part #5045 and the LGB #55045. The old LGB programmer does look very similar to the old Massoth product and may well have been the same item.

mbendebba

Registered
14 Feb 2010
Baltimore, MD, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Tim: All current LGB MTS products are manufactured by Massoth. There are, however, significant and important differences between what appears to be similar products from both companies. This is particularly true for the PC module. Massoth has never made a PC module with a part # 5045, but it did manufacture the current LGB 55045.

mbendebba

Registered
14 Feb 2010
Baltimore, MD, USA
Best answers
Country flag
shropshire lad said:
Thanks for the info gents and congrats to Mohammed on becoming a factory dealer.
I thought it was odd that the interface had been discontinued but the Massoth site doesn't make it clear that an updated one is incoming
Colin: the new and the old module have the same part #, check the 2011 catalogue for a description of the new one.
Mohammed

Loco

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Vestfold
Best answers
Country flag
The new PC-module with both RS-232 and USB interface has a new part number:

the old one which no longer is available has this part number:

shropshire lad

Registered
25 Jan 2010
Sunny Shropshire
Best answers
Just an update, I spoke to Peter at Massoth yesterday and he said the updated module should be available August/September time.

mbendebba

Registered
14 Feb 2010
Baltimore, MD, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Colin: Thanks for the update.
For Massoth users: If you have not downloaded the new Massoth DCC programmer, I strongly urge you to do it. I downloaded it yestersday and played with it for about 15 minutes and I will never again use the old CV programmer V1.5. The new DCC programmer is leaps and bound better, the interface is more user friendly and the infomation is much better organized and displayed. Massoth did a great job!!!

Tim Brien

Registered
29 May 2011
Best answers
I have been using the programme to read and adjust CV's on my LGB Zillertalbahn Massoth 'L' decoder installation. I used the LGB #55045 interface. Wnen the new Massoth programmer is out I will change over to that. I have no problems reading LGB decoder CV's and adjusting them. A friend who has a similar setup, tried to read the CV's on a recent production Marklin/LGB track cleaning machine and go nothing but error readings.

mbendebba

Registered
14 Feb 2010
Baltimore, MD, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Tim: the new Massoth DCC programmer is already out, and it works very well with both the Massoth and the LGB pc modules.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
I see a confusion here, to clarify.....

Massoth will be providing a new PC Interface module with a USB interface - the Massoth PC Module.

Massoth have written new software called "Massoth DCC Programmer" that interfaces to the Dimax Central Stations, Massoth PC modules and LGB 55045 module to allow the reading & writing of CV values.

Mohamed, I think Tim was refering to the massoth PC module not the DCC programming software.

mbendebba

Registered
14 Feb 2010
Baltimore, MD, USA
Best answers
Country flag
StainzMeister:
I would consider taking it off your hands If I were living on your side of the pond, I am out here in the colonies.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Stainzmeister said:
mbendebba said:
Tim: All current LGB MTS products are manufactured by Massoth. There are, however, significant and important differences between what appears to be similar products from both companies. This is particularly true for the PC module. Massoth has never made a PC module with a part # 5045, but it did manufacture the current LGB 55045.

I have a working LGB 55045 module spare if anyone wants it.
I currently use a Sprog II to programme my locos - works with all decoders. :D
I might be interested Paul?

PM sent....