Massoth Navigator Screen Backlight

Diesel2000

Registered
18 Feb 2020
Chicago
Best answers
Country flag
I recently changed the transmitter in my Massoth Navigator and now the screen backlight wont come on. I can change the settings in the Nav and the key backlights respond accordingly, but not the screen. It seems the LEDs are part of the screen assembly. I tried reconnecting the 2 pin socket from the screen to the board, but no luck. Anyone have any tricks for this? I was pretty careful when I removed the original transmitter and replaced it and everything appears to be in the proper place.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I recently changed the transmitter in my Massoth Navigator and now the screen backlight wont come on. I can change the settings in the Nav and the key backlights respond accordingly, but not the screen. It seems the LEDs are part of the screen assembly. I tried reconnecting the 2 pin socket from the screen to the board, but no luck. Anyone have any tricks for this? I was pretty careful when I removed the original transmitter and replaced it and everything appears to be in the proper place.
Try the Davi on wire connection to see if the probem still persists.

Diesel2000

Registered
18 Feb 2020
Chicago
Best answers
Country flag
Try the Davi on wire connection to see if the probem still persists.

It does not worked connected, I took the back off and had it plugged in but the LEDs still don’t come on.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
It does not worked connected, I took the back off and had it plugged in but the LEDs still don’t come on.
Hm sounds like a serious issue.

Diesel2000

Registered
18 Feb 2020
Chicago
Best answers
Country flag
Turns out it was a bad resistor. I sent it back to Massoth and they fixed it.