Massoth Navigator Functionality

electricity_bill

Registered
11 Feb 2010
Best answers
Country flag
My Massoth Navigator has suddenly started to play up. It will function as a loco control and a points control but the programming function will not work either on the programming track or on the main. It simply says no feedback or no decoder connected. I have operated wireless control ever since I have had the unit – a Dimax 1200Z- for the past ten years and it has worked perfectly. I did try hard wiring it to the Navigator but that did not improve things. Any ideas would be welcome.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
My Massoth Navigator has suddenly started to play up. It will function as a loco control and a points control but the programming function will not work either on the programming track or on the main. It simply says no feedback or no decoder connected. I have operated wireless control ever since I have had the unit – a Dimax 1200Z- for the past ten years and it has worked perfectly. I did try hard wiring it to the Navigator but that did not improve things. Any ideas would be welcome.
Strangely I have had one fail on me recently in my loft. It was my newest one bought not long before Glendale closed. Mine just shuts the central station down as it has completed start up procedure, same on wired and Radio.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Never got to grips with the Programming Function on the Navigator?

I prefer to use the Massoth Software on my PC for programming.

I recently used it to update the addresses on all my locos based on the cab side number....

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag

I recently used it to update the addresses on all my locos based on the cab side number....
Oh if you would like so in person training come to my loft railway sometime, but not mid summer or mid winter,

electricity_bill

Registered
11 Feb 2010
Best answers
Country flag

Please tell me more as how to get and use the software.

Slawman

Deckline
9 Apr 2018
Sydney
Best answers
Country flag
I would try changing the wireless Chanel to see if there is any interference issues. Are you sure it’s the Navigator? How did you eliminate the possibility that it is the central station?

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
When you hard-wired it, did you remove the batteries?

If you tried new batteries, are they new batteries? - Not ones you have had in a cupboard for two years.

Are you sure you don't have a wiring problem to your programming track?

If you watch both the CS and Navigator as they start up, do you get any unusual messages displayed?

To use the PC software:
You would also require the programming module.
A SPROG unit may be a cheaper option (as a computer to decoder interface) but does not allow you to load new software and sounds to your decoders.

PhilP

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
To use the PC software:
You would also require the programming module.
Not necessary, you can use the Massoth Software and connect it to your Dimax CS for CV programming on the programming track and POM.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Not necessary, you can use the Massoth Software and connect it to your Dimax CS for CV programming on the programming track and POM.
Can you do that on the 1200Z?

PhilP

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
www.olddominionrailways.com
Best answers
Country flag
Did you ever get your Navigator working again for the Programming Track........this thread is leaving us hanging without sharing the solution!