Massoth FS Servo Decoder and auto couplers daft idea.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Which are servo's..

But NOT driven like one. They need +16v (min), GND and a trigger (Open collector, 50mA switching to GND). This is the same for the new pantograph drives.

Thanks guys, it's really nice to be learning new stuff here, very little info on Massoth, and for that matter LGB in the US, many forums have unbridled outright hatred of DCC stuff, people will come into a DCC thread and tell you how you should be running battery, it's stupid, etc.
Hmmm......something sounds familier.....

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
But NOT driven like one. They need +16v (min), GND and a trigger (Open collector, 50mA switching to GND). This is the same for the new pantograph drives.

Something else to bite you in the derriere!

Are the new-models marked-up, in any way, so you know what you are dealing with? :wondering::rolleyes:

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Update...

Done...

20200405_104820.jpg

Done...

20200405_142223.jpg

Cheated...

20200406_123530.jpg

...mainly because I am thick, and partially the following chip instructions are like trying to knit fog, and the translation does not help much in places.
Mark's helpful information, did not give me the desired result, I did tell you lot whilst I have a smartphone, it is equipped with a dumb operator, didn't I.

Well managed a bit of dodge involving fitting an 8FS chip, in the ash pan hollow and wiring it to the pickups.:)

Having now used up my last function chip, I had better get another one organised, for the pair of couplers I have left.

Last edited: