Massoth 2.4 Ghz Navigator interference.

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
I am thinking of converting my Navigator to the 2.4 Ghz wireless , just wondering if anybody has had any interference problems ?

I have hue lighting in all rooms on 2.4 Ghz , Drayton automated radiator valves on 2.4 Ghz in all rooms which interfered with the Hue lighting o_O and just to make life really simple my Alarm system is all 2.4 Ghz as well, so just curious if I convert will I end up with more interference problems ?

I am ignoring the 2.4Ghz Wifi..

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
You forgot the Microwave! - Biggest source of '2.4Ghz' in your house! ;)

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
You forgot the Microwave! - Biggest source of '2.4Ghz' in your house! ;)

Got one of them as well but don't use it much :D

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I am thinking of converting my Navigator to the 2.4 Ghz wireless , just wondering if anybody has had any interference problems ?

I have hue lighting in all rooms on 2.4 Ghz , Drayton automated radiator valves on 2.4 Ghz in all rooms which interfered with the Hue lighting o_O and just to make life really simple my Alarm system is all 2.4 Ghz as well, so just curious if I convert will I end up with more interference problems ?

I am ignoring the 2.4Ghz Wifi..
No interference issues, but range was an issue. To resolve this I bought the extended airial recievers for the handsets, probably worthwhile if you are going to RC from scratch. I have a longish 80ft range to cope with, some down a narrow gap with a Tin Shed at the end which was where the range issue manifested itself. The long aerial RC solved it perfect.

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Is there a way to tell what version Firmware the nav is currently running ? as it needs to be on 2.10 or higher to run one of these. and I dont have a PC module of central station just the navigator and a LGB 55006p

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Is there a way to tell what version Firmware the nav is currently running ? as it needs to be on 2.10 or higher to run one of these. and I dont have a PC module of central station just the navigator and a LGB 55006p

Mark (Muns) can probably give you a definitive answer.. But does it not list the SW version as it boots?

I have a Navigator here, but the display is bust.. :(

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
If its tethered, unplug it and plug it back in, 2 version numbers will be shown in the lower left part of the screen

A Piko Navigator connected to my MTS3 shows....

00048 2.10p <<<< Navigator Firmware version
00000 1.30 <<<< MTS3 Firmware version

Reactions: 1 user

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks, Boots fast took a couple of attempts to read it, it's on 2.00d :(

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
Wirral
Best answers
Country flag
I have an MTS 111 system and Massoth Navigatior. No problems with range or interference.
(the Modell-land system I have bought is a back up system. I think we all know that prices of all G scale made in Europe will go up considerably after December 31st).

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
www.olddominionrailways.com
Best answers
Country flag
On the newer versions of the Navigator, the firm ware version should be visible in the display when you turn it on.

Last year I sold two Massoth 2.4 GHz Navigator/Receiver Sets to customers who soon experience wireless connectivity issues. I thought it was 2.4GHz interference with other devices in their houses, such as Wi-Fi, home wireless telephones, etc. But after they returned their sets to me, and trying various reset approaches that didn't fix the issue, I installed new 2.4GHz transmitter boards into the Navigators. That fixed the issue and they now work fine. I had another person contact me for help when his Massoth 2.4GHz Navigator/Wireless Set that he bought from another dealer also had wireless connectivity issues and I sold him a replacement 2.4GHz transmitter board and that fixed his wireless connectivity issues too. And he has many 2.4GHz devices in his home, including what we already mentioned, but a wireless security system.......and he's not experiencing any 2.4GHz conflicts. Remember the 2.4GHz Navigator can use 12 bands in the 2.402 - 2.480 range and when you turn it on, it looks for a free band that doesn't conflict with other 2.4GHz devices in your house/location. The 2.4GHz frequency is more stable/reliable than the older Navigators' frequencies, e.g., here in the USA the 900Mhz frequency.

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Actually, while I agree the protocols used on 900 MHz were not as good as the newer 2.4 GHz stuff, now the 900 MHz band here in the US is REALLY quiet... so all the Airwire people and NCE people should be pretty happy.

My home automation system runs on 900 MHz and is really snappy now!

Greg

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
I thought this would be easy get the PC module and update the Navigator too 2.10.....wrong, PC module working fine, PC finds module OK plug in navigator via the Dimax port with the lead while holding down the right hand button to put the Navigator in software update mode. all I get is the following tried a few times , unpluging re-pluging re-booted PC no difference. Am I missing a secret trick here to get this to update ?

updatenav.jpg

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Have you got the correct virtual Comm port selected?

Possibly set the speed (of the port) a little lower??

Did you pay a local Druid, to sacrifice a chicken, and beat themselves with Mistletoe? - Very important! :nerd::mask:

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Comm port in my case 8 checked and set. check

I can update the PC module itself, I can read CVs on the program track and change them all OK , check

Will try the speed lower to see if that helps :)

Dam Druids take your money and don't do the job properly , they had no Mistletoe they said, so they just used branches taken from the hedge row at random , does it have to be Mistletoe :sweating:

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
does it have to be Mistletoe

I believe so... - I'm not a Druid.. :(

There is a rumour, a Freemason can be used a s a stand-in? :D:mask:

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
I always find that recycling the power on the PC module a help when things do not work.

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
I always find that recycling the power on the PC module a help when things do not work.

Thanks tried that, is it normal to get this pop up window when you click update ? , it then loads the decoder programming widow as answer 12 and gives the error code 117 in the end.

1598005341196.png

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
I can answer my own question from above yes it is normal to see that pop up. still no joy on the navigator.