Massoth 2.4 Ghz Navigator interference.

LGB-Sid

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
I am thinking of converting my Navigator to the 2.4 Ghz wireless , just wondering if anybody has had any interference problems ?

I have hue lighting in all rooms on 2.4 Ghz , Drayton automated radiator valves on 2.4 Ghz in all rooms which interfered with the Hue lighting o_O and just to make life really simple my Alarm system is all 2.4 Ghz as well, so just curious if I convert will I end up with more interference problems ?

I am ignoring the 2.4Ghz Wifi..

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
You forgot the Microwave! - Biggest source of '2.4Ghz' in your house! ;)

LGB-Sid

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
You forgot the Microwave! - Biggest source of '2.4Ghz' in your house! ;)
Got one of them as well but don't use it much :D

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
I am thinking of converting my Navigator to the 2.4 Ghz wireless , just wondering if anybody has had any interference problems ?

I have hue lighting in all rooms on 2.4 Ghz , Drayton automated radiator valves on 2.4 Ghz in all rooms which interfered with the Hue lighting o_O and just to make life really simple my Alarm system is all 2.4 Ghz as well, so just curious if I convert will I end up with more interference problems ?

I am ignoring the 2.4Ghz Wifi..
No interference issues, but range was an issue. To resolve this I bought the extended airial recievers for the handsets, probably worthwhile if you are going to RC from scratch. I have a longish 80ft range to cope with, some down a narrow gap with a Tin Shed at the end which was where the range issue manifested itself. The long aerial RC solved it perfect.