Massorah Switch decoder

Clive

Drama - acting, Woodwork, G Scale, railways
22 Jan 2010
Leicester
Best answers
Country flag
I have recently re-programmed all my locos using my Massoth handcontroller 8134501. To do this I could only have 1 loco on the track at once. Re- programming was successful. However there is now no response from my points attached to a Massoth switch decoder 8156101. I suspect that I have inadvertently deactivated the decoder. Could anyone please tell me how to reactivate. The Massoth instructions might as well remain in German ! I’m afraid explanations will have to be very simple. My mind cannot compute things like CV addresses and the like. Many thanks in anticipation of your expertise.
Clive

Last edited:

Sean.

Hmmmm
5 Oct 2017
Boston & Cocagne NB (not enough)
Best answers
Country flag
Did you use your layout ,for the programming as to using a separate programming track ?
Sadly I do not know how to reactivate your decoder .
SORRY

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
The answer to Sean's question is important before we can help you in step by step instructions. In principle you need to make sure that the accessory decoder is the only decoder attached to your command station and that at least one motor is connected to the accessory decoder, then you can reset it. Do you only have one accessory decoder and does it / did it use default addresses?

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
It certainly does sound like you used your main track for the programming, not realising that the accessory decoder was, in effect, like having a second loco on the line..... you've most likely accidentally rewritten the programming on it at the same time as you did each loco.
I don't have personal experience of the accessory decoders (presently all my points are still digitally controlled - using my right index digit....) but if you have a look at the manual that came with it (or, if you've mislaid it, check Massoth's downloads) then there should be a fairly straightforward way of re-setting it to factory settings.

Jon.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
I would reset the Switch decoder to factory defaults.

Set CV8 to 11 (Reset all functions) - it should reset the decoder to use switch addresses 1 to 4.

If that does not work, try setting CV8 to 16 - reset the programming lock to default.

Once you have reset it, make any other changes you need and then LOCK it, to prevent accidental changes again. This is done by setting CV15 to 0.

To unlock the decoder in the future, write 243 to CV15. Don't forget to lock it again.

If you have multiple Switch decoders, and you use the programming lock, it is advisable to use a different value in each. To do this, with the decoder unlocked, set CV16 to the new lock value and then unlock the decoder again using the new value.

Note: The decoder is unlocked when the value in CV15 matches that of CV16, and locked if they do not match.

Clive

Drama - acting, Woodwork, G Scale, railways
22 Jan 2010
Leicester
Best answers
Country flag
many thanks for your helpful replies