LUMBER TOWN BECOMES MINING TOWN

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Sorry Stockers, not sure about the aero-windmill as I have not got a windmill in this township.......

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
What do you mean by aero windmill - a power generator??
Nah, I think he's referring to a garden ornament type thing - where the sails just go round.

When I was a little boy, my grandfather made one with a little man winding the handle - stayed on the shed roof for years, and was the talking point in the street :nod::nod::nod:

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
A wee bit of thread drift has occurred here. And it doesn't have much to do with the thread itself...........
Not a problem at all for folk who have also actually bothered to say something about the original thread content but a little off for those who have not even said anything about it .... ain't it?

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Yer but no Mike. If we were talking artesian well pumps it could be right up your creek!

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I can't imagine no one over there makes them.

You don't tend to see many 'lattice' windmills about these days.. They were more common in the past..

We tend to go for the more 'choclate box' type of windmill. - Square, or round, quite often stone, four paddle sails..

The guy I found had a large collection (different advertising and coloured vanes) he was disposing of about 35! At the time, I could not have justified the gamble on getting my money back..

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
My original post was referring to the modern high tech type. I didn't realize that the older type was what you guys were talking about.

I have had the version Maxi-Model posted the link to, in my garden for sixteen years or so. It's still going strong and as the description says, it will not rust. The only point that needs periodic attention is the pivot that allows the blade portion to swivel. Maybe once each year, I clean that portion as the pivot rod does rust. A bit of light machine oil and it's good for another year.

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Yer but no Mike. If we were talking artisian well pumps it could be right up your creek!

Ah well, there you are Stockers.... so artisan windmills it is.....

broken ridge farm 2.jpg

frost beaver old timers.jpg

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
I know it looks like i have abandoned wood for coal and brought up the spectre of environmental catastrophe but I still do have one township that has a successful saw mill business..Pointrock.....

night saw mill 2.jpg

pointrock from station to saw mill.jpg

pointrock sawmill close from right.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
"Artisan" windmills are made by a bloke with a beard, at double the price.... ;)

Lovely job on re-working Arrowhead, Mike, and good luck with the work on Pointrock.....

Jon.

stockers

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
But they are very nice.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I know it looks like i have abandoned wood for coal and brought up the spectre of environmental catastrophe but I still do have one township that has a successful saw mill business..Pointrock.....

Assuming of course that the good sawmillers of Pointrock can produce a chain of custody certificate :nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd:

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Mike`s done it again,excellent job as usual,,,,,,,and i aint sayin nuffin about windmills!!!:lipssealed::lipssealed:

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
We have had a bit of wind around these parts recently .... it must be me diet...
But I went to check out the recently revamped Arrowhead township for any damage, and remove leaf litter, fallen twigs etc from it.
The apprentice just had to get in on the act ....

arrowhead makeover cat checks it out.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

stockers

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Just checking for mice!