LIVE STEAM GARRATT

main131

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
There are a few Garratts around at present. Certainly a lot more than I can remember in the past
Commercially they are all made to a good standard...from those I have seen running.
The Aster gauge one AD 60 rates very highly in my opinion though it does come at a cost! The one shown running in the video has been converted to coal firing which is an option when you buy the kit.
Putting the kit together is something of a challenge, but with patience and perseverance and definitely a background of experience in Kit building certainly helps. If you struggle with IKEA then don't bother Make it easy on yourself and make me an offer!
There are still a couple of mods need to be done on this one so it can work to full capacity (IE 90 wagons) Don't tell me your tracks not long enough?

Reactions: 4 users

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
Garratts?

Finished J&S (10)a (600 x 481).jpg

There's also this one, also coal fired, but as yet no fire been lit!

They come in bigger scales as well . . . .

First run (11a) (600 x 404).jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
My house isn't big enough to keep it in, let alone my line line enough to fit on:envy:

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
90+ wagons? Even at ~£60 a pop that's £5400 at the very least..........you sure do need deep pockets to run a BG AND the train behind it.:eek: