LGB switch boxes 51750 etc - opening without damage?

OBBherr

Registered
17 Aug 2016
Hampshire, UK
Best answers
Country flag
I have a 51750 (orange) momentary switch box with a defective switch. Point throws in one direction, not the other. The three other switches throw the point both ways so I know it's a switchbox problem.

So I need to get inside the box to see if I can fix it. The base appears to be held on by a black tab at either end of the box.

Can anyone with experience of opening one of these things suggest how I can get the base off without breaking the tabs? I've tried a gentle press on the tab with a screwdriver, then a firmer press, but there doesn;t seem to be any give. Looks like its designed to be clipped on as the very last stage of manifacturer and deliberatly not user-servicable.

Any help/guidance appreciated.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
I have a 51750 (orange) momentary switch box with a defective switch. Point throws in one direction, not the other. The three other switches throw the point both ways so I know it's a switchbox problem.

So I need to get inside the box to see if I can fix it. The base appears to be held on by a black tab at either end of the box.

Can anyone with experience of opening one of these things suggest how I can get the base off without breaking the tabs? I've tried a gentle press on the tab with a screwdriver, then a firmer press, but there doesn;t seem to be any give. Looks like its designed to be clipped on as the very last stage of manifacturer and deliberatly not user-servicable.

Any help/guidance appreciated.
I have done it but I'm not now sure how but I'll have a look tomorrow. I've a lot of experience of taking Playmobil apart, which uses tabs, but this was harder even than that.