LGB Prototypes

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
whatlep said:
Yet another "Handmuster" on EBay.de today. Most of these are being offered by the same guy, so worth watching his ID. This one is - to me - the most interesting yet. Just have a look at the third photo!

Reminds me of the locos on the Snowdon Mountain Railway.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
To reply to the various comments on my railcar, to all of which I must say a great thank you:-

Whatlep, my railcar is most definitely a model of a German Railcar, I have ID’d it in a book of German railways as T1 from the Selters-Hachenburg Kleinbahn. I have found it in the past on the net, but cannot now. The Swedish beastie if produced by LGB would have been a goodie I think. The WJK Davies book on “The Light Railway Railcar in Western Europe” is a great source of information and inspiration. I had not thought to buy this when it first came out. But was so glad that I eventually did.

Stainzmeister, what you saw must have been the Dietz Railcar. I think that I saw one of these at G-Rail a year or three back. I liked the look of it, but wow was it big. Built to scale (whatever that would be) it would never have fitted in with my variable Scale LGB stuff. Or even have got round my line which has a Kinetic Envelope set for LGB

Otter 1, I think that what I have is your Zeunert beastie. Would love to get another of just the cardboard to make mine better. Whoever made mine did a real hatchet job with the glue. I do not think he (she?) had ever heard of Photo Mount!

Great replies, very well received.
JonD

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Yet another weird and wacky LGB prototype from the December 5th insolvency sale now on sale at Ebay.de if anyone has 850 Euros to spare. How about this?

586747bd97a34b06ab5ea48ce3d836eb.jpg

bcb61d75f1a944a8b03996c356005752.jpg

2755c2489e40466bb19c0d65bbbc9b8a.jpg

The text on Ebay describes the vehicle as moving forward to a piece of track, lowering the ballast tampers, then retracting them and moving forward to a new bit of track. Apparently made mostly of metal and 26cm long.

61ea12aff2b743c89f0bba0387104b16.jpg

I particularly goggle at the drive mechanism (above) which appears to be on only 1 axle via some rather convoluted gearing!

LTfan

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
whatlep said:
Yet another weird and wacky LGB prototype from the December 5th insolvency sale now on sale at Ebay.de if anyone has 850 Euros to spare. How about this?

images

images

images

The text on Ebay describes the vehicle as moving forward to a piece of track, lowering the ballast tampers, then retracting them and moving forward to a new bit of track. Apparently made mostly of metal and 26cm long.

images

I particularly goggle at the drive mechanism (above) which appears to be on only 1 axle via some rather convoluted gearing!

Wacky enough to be beautiful.

Anyone guess where the MTS thingy might fit?

David

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
Woderwick said:
Fiver for the lot ?
Well thats me out Wod..............................................

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
Anyone? this was to be a short series entitled "Chop shop"....................................

2759a95b33bf4508979956e9b8d125b6.jpg